Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member, BOTM Winner, June 2016
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd share my project over in this section. My neighbors thought I was going to mess it up, but it's amazing what you can do in your garage with very little...

stock:

now:

The bike has 87 miles on it, and it's a 2015 Vulcan S ABS

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was looking at these the other day, and thought to myself how much better it
would look without all that plastic crap hanging off the back of the rear fender..

I was trying to picture it in my head, and looking at your bike, I like it!

Great job overall

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am a big fan of making due with what you got, and building stuff when you can, so that's perfect.

I was just wondering, since I am not a huge fan of bags, they would be nice at times when needed,
so if I were to put some on mine, they would have to come on and off with relative ease, and without
big brackets behind them like some saddle bags have, so these are great

·
Premium Member, BOTM Winner, June 2016
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love your bike. Did you buy a fender eliminater kit or make your own. It looks very clean.
I made my own. I got a plate relocator with the proper size spacing (there are 7/8" and 1") for around $30 on eBayand shaved the tail down a little with a file until it matched the taillight's shape. The taillight was maybe $10. Then I found a couple of good holes under the fender and cut a piece of aluminum that hung the new turn signals out a little further to clear everything. I didn't swap over to LED's, they are bulb signals and probably cost around $10. With all that I was going to do all at once, I wanted to save where I could so I could put the emphasis where it shows. According to Jimmy Shine, there are 30 cent parts and then there are $300 parts =)

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts