Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2015 Voyager. I'm having small problems with the bike that is driving me nuts. The bike had about 3000 km on it when I took it on vacation. So far I've traveled about 2000 km and I have another 2500km to go. I hit rain last Sunday and now my information center and radio are both steamed up and can hardly be used. I also have a vibration in the fairing that at certain RPM's will drown out the radio. I can't seem to fine it and everything I check is tight. I know these are minor issues but on a new bike that wasn't cheap I think they are unacceptable. I know my dealer will give me grief about them when I get home. I'm stuck with the bike now but I hope things will get better.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Cant help you with the steamed up radio and info center, but the rattle/vibration could come from anywhere on these bikes. Had something similar on mine. Checkec every scrw on the fairing, but at least, it came from the ring around the ignition. Removed, put some felt under, also under the chrome middle part on the fuel tank. Gone.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
580 Posts
There is a thread on here on tracking down vibration/rattling issues. On your dealer giving you grief regarding issues with a new bike, I would be quick to remind them of their responsibilities regarding said bike. If they don't, hopefully there is another Kawi dealer close to you. If they don't resolve it it is fairly easy to remove the outer fairing cover yourself to get a better look in there....if you haven't done it already. I'm sure the instrument panel is just a minor seal issue. Once these issues get resolved you will grow to love your new ride.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My biggest rattle on my '15 Voyager came from the chrome speedo collar. The fix is putting foam rubber underneath it. I had my stealer fix it under warranty. Took them two tries but they finally got it. There are many threads on this and the Delphi Forum page.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Rubber tubing cut along the length and put on the edge of plastic trim works too.

My biggest rattle on my '15 Voyager came from the chrome speedo collar. The fix is putting foam rubber underneath it. I had my stealer fix it under warranty. Took them two tries but they finally got it. There are many threads on this and the Delphi Forum page.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Most rattles are not so much from the instrument cluster in my experience, but from the chrome trim down the middle of the gas tank. That thing vibrates terribly in the front there, usually during deceleration. The chrome ring around the ignition is another common culprit. But both can be fixed with some adhesive backed sponge rubber.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I've been in all sorts of downpours and never had fogged up information center / radio. If it's under warranty, which it sounds like it is; I'd have the dealer checking that out. I HAVE had them so soaked with rain they were hard to see; but short of Kawasaki installing windshield wipers on the radio, that's just something you'll have to accept riding in the rain...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only have a limited amount of tools with me. Am I able to remove the chrome on the tank with just a Allen key?

·
Registered
214 Posts
You can remove the ignition key bezel with a little effort with your finger. Just pull it straight up. The chrome on the tank is only one screw (but cant remember what kind). You can see it after removing the driver seat. BUT first you have to remove the ignition bezel/collar.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Do you still have the factory tool kit; located under the seat, on top of the battery?

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
All of the above. The Voyager is notorious for the tank cover rattling against the front of the tank under the ignition. I used the fuzzy side of velcro on the tank to stop it.... Another rattle can be the storage box doors... but it is not as annoying as the tank cover rattle... Also I had a wire going to the left driving light rattle against the faring. Another easy fix...

I remove the ignition bezel (after I remove the 3 cover screws/nut) just by lifting the cover at the front of the tank and the bezel pops right off with the cover every time...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fixed the bezel rattle and both pocket doors. The other rattle is the top of the instrument cluster. This one may be a bit of a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts