Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Curiosity got the best of me so I spent the $25 for an oil analysis from Blackstone Labs. I wanted to know if this oil is still stable in case I wanted to try extended oil change intervals up to 5,000 miles. My 900 Classic had 11,470 miles on it and I have been running Amsoil 20W50 motorcycle oil for 3,053 miles at the time of the test. Here are the results. Anybody else wanting to do comparisons on their favorite oils would be welcomed here. Bring it on please.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually...on my original form I filled out for the analysis, I told them I was considering extending my oil change intervals to 5,000 miles. I wanted to know if the oil was capable of that before I tried....I have never been able to mentally accept that long of intervals on any of my bikes and still may not. It appears that this oil can handle it but I will probably just do as I always do and base my oil changes on how well it shifts and winter temperatures. I have been running 20W50 in the summer 100+ degree weather in southern Utah and will probably run 10W40 in the winter months. I am an Amsoil guy but am hoping to see someone do an analysis on Rotella just for grins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts