Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as a heads up in case you were wondering. I recently bought a 2016 900 Classic. I don't care for the chrome pipes since most of the bike is matte or glossy black. So I hit ebay looking for someone selling OEM black pipes for the VN900. Found a nice set from a 2009 900 Vulcan Special Edition and figure not much has changed over the years so they should fit, right?.

The front pipe fit perfect, the rear was approx 1/2 inch to long. It was close enough that I fought it for a 1/2 hour trying to make it fit.

The good news is the pipes are in great shape so I'll probably put them right back on eBay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is your asking price for the pipes?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
$130 including shipping.

Here is the original eBay ad from the previous seller -

"These pipes were removed by the dealer when I had aftermarket pipes installed at the time I took delivery of my motorcycle in 2010. In other words they have absolutely no miles on them. There are a few scrapes in the paint on the inside (bike side) of one pipe which would not be visible when the pipe is on the bike and one of the clamps is missing from the small pipe extension on one of the pipes. Do some research and you'll find that this is a great bargain."

The clamp the ad is referring to is there. The pipes are missing 4 of the 8 rubber mounting spacers needed to install. I just transferred them from my old pipes.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you located and do you know what year the will fit?
I'm in Kankakee, Illinois. Not sure what they fit other then a 2010 VN900C Custom for sure. If I were to man handle them a little more I might have got them on but my bike only has 200 miles on it so I was torn on how hard to try. The bottom pipe went right on. The top just didn't quite want to line up to the mounting bracket.

·
Registered
166 Posts
When I purchased my Custom used it had Hard Krome shorties plus the original factory pipes included. Took off the very loud pipes and installed the originals. The pipes would not line up, fought with them for 2 hours before getting them on. Loosened every bolt 2-3 times trying to get them lined up before finally getting them on. What a pain in the ass, not sure why all the trouble.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Those rubber grommets in the mounting brackets will give and take quite a bit. Give it another go.

When I switched from my Cobra Speedster shorts (too darn loud!) back to stock, it took a lot longer than it should have IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts