Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved from eastern Tennessee to Alexandria, Virginia at the beginning of last year and brought my Voyager up last Summer. Since then, I haven't ridden all that much. Mainly because I'm away from the mountains that I loved so much, but also because I still don't know anyone outside of the workplace (and nobody there rides!!).

Are there members in here that are in the area who would like to let someone still relatively new to the area tag along on some rides this year? First round of coffee would be on me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey swint,

I'm not too far away. I moved to Charles Town/Harpers Ferry, WV last year from Maine. A couple of more months of riding here. Second, I just upgraded from a Honda 750 to Vulcan 1500. A buddy lives down in Winchester, VA who rides an Indian Scout; we are planning to get together and tour the area.

I retire in a few years and was planning to ride Route 66 from Chicago to LA and back via a southern route.

Right now I'm waiting on weather and time off work to ride a couple of road trips I plotted out in VA, WV, MD and PA.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there Mongo. Maybe I'd be able to get in there on a ride here in the area with you when you come this way. Just send me a message or reply on this thread so I get a notification so I'd know when you're around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I'll give you notice ahead of time as much as possible.
I was thinking about Rolling Thunder in DC Memorial Day Weekend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im about 2 hours south of you in Charlottesville, I wont be able to make rolling thunder this year. I will be there next year. I will be visiting my brother who live in Wincehster. Maybe we can set up a ride then .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in Woodbridge, VA. What part of Northern VA are you in?
We did Rolling Thunder :-( you could have joined us.

I am doing a charity run Sunday if the weather holds up in Richmond, VA.

But mostly I just ride, in Fairfax, Lorton, Reston, Alexandria and DC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Zions Crossroads, it's 45 minutes West of richmond and 25 minutes West of charlottesville, I wasn't able to do rolling thunder, I was proposing to my girl friend that weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awesome.
You can always look on meetup.com for riding groups, there an active one out of Warrenton Va, my Sister joined one out of Richmond, Va.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm in Shenandoah County - about halfway between Winchester and Harrisonburg off of I-81

if you want to head out here in the hills, im sure i could find a saturday or sunday to ride

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reviving this post because I'd like to find more riding partners. Since moving up here to the DMV area two years ago, I barely ever talked myself into getting out on the bike. I think it was due to the traffic congestion here and the fact that I did not have a GPS on my bike that would make it easy to get around in areas I was not familiar with yet.

That's changing this riding season and I am vowing to get in some time in the saddle more this year than the previous two years. I've got a GPS on my bike now and I'm ready to ride. :)

So if any of you are still around on here, let me know. We might work out a weekend ride or two this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hoping to revive this post as well. I’m in Fairfax City and looking for fellow riders for occasional weekend small group rides. These would be day trips to places like Skyline Drive or West Virginia.

I’ve had my Vulcan S for a year, but I haven’t pulled the trigger on the Corbin seat or a suitable windshield, so longer trips are limited for me until I scrape together more funds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts