Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I've just purchased a 2004 VN2000. Great bike, but the previous owner changed out the rear pulley with a larger one. He doesn't have the original (I asked him)

I could buy another 'stock' pulley, but I think I'd rather go one better than stock size. I want the bike faster on the freeway / lower RPM.

So, does anyone know where to buy a larger front pulley and or a smaller rear pulley (than stock).

Thank you in advance for any information you provide.

Eric

C

·
0 Posts
pulley

I'm new here also but saw this and had to ask why pulley change? you can get better final gear reduction by installing the euro gearset. I did it in my garage with ordinary hand tools took about 4 hrs. These are the gears this bike comes with everywhere else but the u.s. Also corrects speedo error and much cheaper than a front and rear pulley change also they are factory parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
didn't know but I'll check it out also will the gears fit 2006yr and did u get them through Kawasaki dealer or can u point me in the right direction your help would be greatly appreciated

C

·
0 Posts
pulley

They are factory kawasaki,:D fit all years and models of v2k. I got mine from kaw dealer in canada, they are not available from us dealers. (at least not last year when I got them) Check blackfoot motorsports. tell parts guy you want to change to euro gears he will set you up with all gaskets and any other items needed. I was told they sell quite a few of these sets to us in the u.s. It was about 350.00$ Also go to rouge owners group website they have all part #s there and install instructions with pics.

C

·
0 Posts
pulley

No problemo, if your belt continues to make noise check the rear wheel alignment. The factory stamped adjuster marks have been known to be off from side to side. And just a heads up, if you are dealing with marv at 4x4 tuff be aware several members on another forum had a great deal of difficulty getting pullies. Some guys waited 8 mos. to get them. Don't know if that has changed, hopefully so.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Vulcan 2000 pully

Scootworks.com has many Vulcan 2000 parts, including pullies. Check out their website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts