Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months back I cleaned up the carbs and reassembled/reinstalled them. I tried to start yesterday and got no luck, no sputtering or anything. Spark is good. The one thing I didn't do to the carb is drill out and clean the pilot air. Could that cause this issue? If so, what's the best way to fix it?

·
Registered
509 Posts
A couple months back I cleaned up the carbs and reassembled/reinstalled them. I tried to start yesterday and got no luck, no sputtering or anything. Spark is good. The one thing I didn't do to the carb is drill out and clean the pilot air. Could that cause this issue? If so, what's the best way to fix it?
Are you talking about the pilot screw? If it was running fine before you took the carbs off, no need to adjust. After you put the carbs on, they are dry, and you need to prime them so they can fill up. Turn it to prime and leave it for a few minutes. The floats should stop fuel flow when full. Then turn it to on, and it will probably take a few cycles on full choke to crank it, until there's enough fuel thru the system for it to run. Did you run a small piece of wire thru the jets to make sure they were clean?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Did you run a small piece of wire thru the jets to make sure they were clean?

Copper wire only please. You don't want to damage the jet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts