Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kawasaki quick release windshield kit installed on my 2010 Classic LT. I like it because I swap from the large factory shield to a smaller shield (used most of the time). I'd love to find a set of lowers that will work with both the OE quick release kit and driving likes. I suspect fork mount would be the best.

I still think a normal fork "clamp" style lowers kit would work best (like the Memphis Shades kit), I just can't find any company that makes a fork mount kit for the Classic or the Classic LT.

Any ideas, thoughts, or recommendations???

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The Memphis Shades lowers are 'universal' with an adjustable clamp; why not go with that?

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Memphis Shades lowers are 'universal' with an adjustable clamp; why not go with that?
I've tried since last week to get thru to Memphis Shades and ask if their universal will fit the chrome section of a 1700. No answer... I called Comp Acc and they said it will not fit.

Which part number do you call their universal?

Have you seen or tried them? I'm game to give it a go if there is a chance of a fit.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
MEM9891.

I had them on my 900. I haven't tried them on a 1700. On the 900 they fit over the chrome shroud of the inverted forks fine. But couldn't tell you for sure if it would fit the 1700. Disappointing that Memphis Shades won't get back to you!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The circumference of the chrome section on the 1700 is over 8.5" (about 223mm), however, that may not be the issue. Could be that the mount and put the deflectors too low to be effective.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I got the Memphsis shades. Had to measure the cover and call them for right size. The lowers were too small to help with my batwing. Also the cover can rotate and so will the lowers. I made my own brackets and lowers. Turned out pretty good. If interested send me a message. Spent hours mocking them up to get the right size. Too small didn't help. Too big affected steering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts