Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new Nomad rider - just bought a 2010 a few months ago. Over Memorial day weekend I rode about 800 miles across northern AZ with a buddy who has a GL1800. We traded bikes a few times and I loved the smooth power of his bike and the wind protection. However, I missed the sound of my Nomad (Cobra pipes) and I actually find my bike more comfortable to ride.

I'm wondering about replacement or larger windshields and lower to help with wind protection. I was looking at this website: http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=321

Thinking about whether a slightly taller and wider windshield and larger lowers would help with wind noise and buffeting.

My previous bike was an FJR1300 with a VStream windshield installed. On that bike, with the shield about raised about 2/3 up, I had a really nice quiet pocket of still air.

Anyone used a taller or wider windshield and lowers with good results?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Its Not quite what your asking but I have a Memphis shade faring on my nomad,frkn love it,ck my garage for pic,let me know what ya think

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm wondering about replacement or larger windshields and lower to help with wind protection. I was looking at this website: http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=321
I replaced the tiny Nomad Lowers with the Larger 7jurock versions and they made for a very quiet ride with no buffeting.

At 6'1", I simply raised the stock, adjustable windshield until it was just below my nose. I wore a half helmet with the leather skirts over my ears and never needed ear plugs. For me, it was so good and smooth that I could not justify buying the larger and wider 7jurock shield.

At just $30 for the 7jurock Lowers, its hard to beat the price.
If you do decide to go for the replacement shield as well, they start at only $100.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered the 7jurock lowers - I'll give that a try before replacing the windshield. I also moved the windshield back down to the lowest position last night. I realized the gap (between lower and windshield) created by moving the windshield all the way up might actually create more wind noise.

Thanks for the comments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts