Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't like the bags on the Vaquero I wish they would have put the Voyager bags on them

I have to admit Kawasaki seems to get things right most of the time. I like their designs & engineering.
But those Vaquero bags -What were they thinking?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have to admit Kawasaki seems to get things right most of the time. I like their designs & engineering.
But those Vaquero bags -What were they thinking?
I didn't like the Vaquero bags at first, but grew to love them - my half helmet fit in the Vaquero bags, but doesn't fit in my HD saddlebags. They were large and I could even put a laptop in them, at an angle!

-John

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've owned both a Voyager and a Nomad 1700, they both feel the same as far as the seat and handlebars. I had a 900 Classic and needed more power for 2 up riding and bought the Voyager. The Voyager was absolutely great on the open highway but it wasn't so good in crosstown traffic especially at rush hour in the heat of the summer. I kept the 900 and only used the Voyager for the long rides then I had an accident that totaled the Voyager. I have since traded the 900 for my 2012 Nomad 1700. I love it, in fact I like it better than the Voyager. It's a little lighter and it doesn' get as hot in slow traffic. I think it's a good mix of power and not being too big for traffic. I don't really miss the trunk, fairing or stereo.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've owned both a Voyager and a Nomad 1700, they both feel the same as far as the seat and handlebars. I had a 900 Classic and needed more power for 2 up riding and bought the Voyager. The Voyager was absolutely great on the open highway but it wasn't so good in crosstown traffic especially at rush hour in the heat of the summer. I kept the 900 and only used the Voyager for the long rides then I had an accident that totaled the Voyager. I have since traded the 900 for my 2012 Nomad 1700. I love it, in fact I like it better than the Voyager. It's a little lighter and it doesn' get as hot in slow traffic. I think it's a good mix of power and not being too big for traffic. I don't really miss the trunk, fairing or stereo.

Thanks RockyRob
That's exactly the type of info I'm looking for.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I didn't like the Vaquero bags at first, but grew to love them - my half helmet fit in the Vaquero bags, but doesn't fit in my HD saddlebags. They were large and I could even put a laptop in them, at an angle!

-John
Same here. I was concerned about the side-open bags. The only other hard bags I'd had were top-open, hinged out. Occasionally miss being able to get something out of the bag while seated, but that's really rare. When my son and I ride together, I put both our water bottles in my Vaquero bags, extra shirts (if the weather looks iffy), raingear and when we stop I can still put both half helmets in. I not only love these bags, but I don't like the look of the Voyager bags now that I've had this bike a couple years.

·
Registered
59 Posts
when I go out with my wife and that happen most of the time as soon she hear the engine she is there ,she loves to ride, I need all the space I can get and them some and the voyager have the space I love the trunk, I can put 2 full helmets and still have some space and I use a bag that goes inside the saddle bags that make it very easy to load and unload her things and I have a carry all that goes on the top of the trunk that can carry another bag ;)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Funny how things change... I remember when the Voyager and the '09 Nomad first came out, everyone complained about the top opening bags and how terrible they were by comparison with the older side-opening Nomad bags. In those days Kaw listened to their riders, and they responded to all the complaints by putting the side-openers back when they came up with the Vaquero.

It took me a little while to get used to the Voyager bags after coming from an '02 Nomad - and now I prefer them.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts