Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. so 9000 miles on the Nomad. Awesome motorcycle.This year I added Vance and Hines slash tips, pvc 5,thunder stock air kit, scootworks risers and stebel air horn. Thank you Dave Sheek for the map. I used the 89 HP map and seems to run fine. Decel popping is minimal and doesn't bother me at all. Definetly has more horse power than stock and I will dyno tune it next summer as I have already spent over a thousand dollars this year on Maddie (also got the saddle bag liners and love them). The Vance and Hines pipes are louder than stock but, not offensive at all. Actually quieter than I expected although I do love the sound. MPG is definetly better with this set up I average 38mpg up from 35-36 with stock set up. 95% of Riding is two up so i am pretty happy with mpg. I recently did a 1000 mile Long Island to Pittsburg trip and Nomad ran perfect even through a serious 2 1/2 hour rain storm at the end of the trip.( I didn,t realize when the weather channel says 30% chance of rain they mean 100% chance that Steve and his wife are going to drive through a ridiculous monsoone for 2 1/2 hours and have to pull over at an abandoned gas station for an hour). Anyway, sorry for the rant, the phat risers are pretty cool they raise the bars 2 inches and they take some getting use to but, I like the feel of them. The stebel air horn is awesome, loud and terrifying to those who try to cut in front of you especially if their window is open (good fun). Just wanted to post an update sorry for the long post.Once again thanks Dave for the map. Ride safe.
P.S. still on original Bridgestone and it looks like it has a few more trips before new tire is needed.:skeleton:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
That is a great post and so glad you like the map. I'm in the process of leaning that same map down just a little. The reason is I noticed my spark plugs were black enough to start fouling out. I leaned out the 2 / 5 & 10 % throttle at around 1000 to 1750 rpm. The plugs have cleared up and may have one more adjustment to make.
I have thought about risers but just don't know if I really want it bad enough to mess with cables & wiring. Was it hard to do ? :confused:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
risers

That is a great post and so glad you like the map. I'm in the process of leaning that same map down just a little. The reason is I noticed my spark plugs were black enough to start fouling out. I leaned out the 2 / 5 & 10 % throttle at around 1000 to 1750 rpm. The plugs have cleared up and may have one more adjustment to make.
I have thought about risers but just don't know if I really want it bad enough to mess with cables & wiring. Was it hard to do ? :confused:
Risers were easy, only cable adjustment was you need to move the front brake cable about three inches to the side of the holder instead of being in center. The risers are a little awkward at first with parking lot speeds but on the road more comfortable.Link to the risers shows the brake cable adjustment.
http://www.shopscootworks.com/ScootWorks-RISERS-1700-CLASSIC-LT-NOMAD-VOYAGER-VAQUERO-detail.htm?productId=-143815

I have to check my plugs but in the mean time could you send me the leaned out map.
Email is [email protected] thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts