Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of putting a trunk on my Nomad. No "shoulda bought a Voyager" please. 馃榿

So is it just me, or does the Wompas rack for the Nomad look like it sits a little high? If that's true, it's both a look and a function (high center of gravity) thing. If it's not true, why does it look to my eyes that it sits high, and is there something one can do about that?

Registered
This is one area where Harley is king. The quick release system allows you to go from backrest to backrest and luggage rack, to trunk, to solo seat and solo rack, to trunk mounted behind rider.

Set it all up for touring, get to destination and strip it down for light weight riding.

Premium Member
Trunk

Thinking of putting a trunk on my Nomad. No "shoulda bought a Voyager" please. 馃榿

So is it just me, or does the Wompas rack for the Nomad look like it sits a little high? If that's true, it's both a look and a function (high center of gravity) thing. If it's not true, why does it look to my eyes that it sits high, and is there something one can do about that?
I went with the OEM Nomad Trunk Kit & I don't think its worth it. Here is a link to my post.
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/54-vulcan-1700/232394-looking-add-trunk-2010-nomad.html
Like twowheeladdict said Harley has the best setup for quick release, wish Kawasaki would come up with something like that. I agree the Wompas rack does look like it sits higher, but if I had it to do over again I would seriously consider going that route. You need to use the existing handrail hardware the the Wompas rack to mount it and that would probably make it quicker to switch between trunk and OEM backrest, or I've seen where some have left the OEM backrest on with the rack and trunk. Its a matter of personal choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts