Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New info to add: I had time to look closer at my fuel controller today. It is a
fi 2000 Power Pro by Cobra. I removed the cover and I see a blue adjustment screw. Which way is rich and which is lean. I believe it is set too rich. I have too much soot at the tips of the exhaust. These are Cobra dual .It has a K&N air filter element that looks new. A little rich would explain the bad fuel economy somewhat. Thanks to all that responded to yesterday's post, I'm still needing more info. Again, thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I don't know for sure, but left is generally down.

·
Registered
580 Posts
For the life of me I can't find any reference as to what that internal pot's function may be, but I have read in many different forums that this pot affects your cruise fuel (as hayes said - counter clockwise should be lean, clockwise should be rich). I would lean it out a bit in the cruise area, run it for a few days then check your spark plugs. Contrary to what a lot of people think some of these bikes run too rich. I have started from scratch a few times with my auto tuner just to be sure, but each time it ends up building a map that is taking away fuel in quite a few area's from the stock fuel setting. I keep a close eye on my plugs as I was skeptical to begin with but all is well and I'm saving fuel to boot. Good luck and ride safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts