Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of last season caught a rock that hit the tank and made a nick about the size of a quarter on my gas tank. Tried to order from Colorite but can't seem to get a secure connection to their site which is strange since I live in Canada. Anyways my local automotive paint dealer needs a paint code. My bike is black and titanium. Only codes I can find are 660/15Z metallic spark black. Can anyone verify those numbers. Dealer is no help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I first went on the site I am able to access the site, pick the paint code[ thats where I got the numbers from ] but as I proceeded to check out a pop came up saying the site did not have a secure connection and my information including credit card may not be safe and another pop up saying [ take me back to safety] which I did. Have purchased items from Dobeck and Chucksters lately and had no problem during the last week. This is why I decided to go local and just wanted to know if these numbers are the actual paint code number or Color Rite's numbers. Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Most paint dealers should be able to cross to the colorrite numbers. I had to have some made locally and they could cross it. The issue with Kaw paint is it can vary between plants. So colorrite does not always have a code. So good idea to have bike there when they mix it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information. Since it is -28 F with the windchill I guess I had better wait for a while to take the bike in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts