Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Vulcan Nomad 1700 with no after-market mods. I bought the bike from a dealer in 2018 with just under 10,000 miles. I noticed early on that the bike leans slightly to the left when riding and the front forks are straight on a level surface. I've had it checked by two shops. Both looked at rear shock air pressure, general alignment and belt tension. We can't find anything wrong anywhere on the bike, yet the lean is there. It is very slight, but noticeable. I've been told that a stem bearing may be the issue. I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has experienced this?

Thanks,
RATT

·
Registered
338 Posts
I also have a similar issue, except mine has a slight pull (lean) to the right. It's very slight and mostly noticable when at highway speeds and with one hand off the steering. I have to "push" against my left handlebar to overcome the slight right pull. I bought my bike new and was told the same... that nothing was found wrong. Since mine was new plus had the stem bearings replaced at about 15K miles (unrelated issue) it's not defective stem bearings. I haven't seen any odd wear patterns on my tires and the bike handles just fine. 40K on the bike now. I've just learned to live with it and barely notice it anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey CarGuy, thanks for the info! This is such a well engineered bike that it's hard to imagine something like this, but I agree that its just enough to be noticeable, and irritating, when riding. Mine is evident even at slow speeds in my neighborhood. One mechanic told me "there is a crown in the road and it drops to either side from the middle". I politely offered that I had been riding motorcycles for about twice the time he's been alive. I keep hoping someone will pop up and say "Oh, l had that happen and this corrected it", but no luck so far. At this point I have to follow the best advice to date and "just ride it". It's a great machine and a lot of fun.
Thanks,
RATT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts