Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently experience faulting on my 09, 1700 Vulcan Nomad. I was on a 1500 mi road trip and several times (4 as I remember) while I was cruising along the bike felt like it momentarily shut down but then instantly started going again. In all cases I was traveling with my cruise-control on. This has not happened before on any other trip I have taken nor rides around town. Has anyone else experienced this with their bike. :confused:

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have recently experience faulting on my 09, 1700 Vulcan Nomad. I was on a 1500 mi road trip and several times (4 as I remember) while I was cruising along the bike felt like it momentarily shut down but then instantly started going again. In all cases I was traveling with my cruise-control on. This has not happened before on any other trip I have taken nor rides around town. Has anyone else experienced this with their bike. :confused:
any chance you've got some water in your gas??... you might try some seafoam additive over a couple of tanks to see if it helps...

I assume you've had your ECU replaced on the recall?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Silverspurs. No I have not tried any additives as of yet. I may have gotten some bad gas along the trip but will probably put additive in anyway.

I am not aware of any ECU recall. The only recall I have had on my Nomad was for the heatshield. When I took it in the dealer told me it was already on it. I didn't know any better. On this forum I saw a picture of what the heatshield is suppose to look like and NO my bike DOES NOT HAVE this installed. I have to go back and get them to reevaluate.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thanks Silverspurs. No I have not tried any additives as of yet. I may have gotten some bad gas along the trip but will probably put additive in anyway.

I am not aware of any ECU recall. The only recall I have had on my Nomad was for the heatshield. When I took it in the dealer told me it was already on it. I didn't know any better. On this forum I saw a picture of what the heatshield is suppose to look like and NO my bike DOES NOT HAVE this installed. I have to go back and get them to reevaluate.
tell your dealer you want both the heatshields and the ECU replaced, Kawasaki will pay him to do both at no cost to you... Your dealer knows about both these things... doesn't sound like he's into customer service that much, but come to think of it, I had to ask my dealer about both items also, he was happy to do both, but I had to take the initiative...

If you haven't had the ECU replaced, that may be the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts