Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im looking at a 07 Nomad with almost 70,000 miles. Normally, I'd just hold out for a much lower milage bike. Lord knows, they are out there. However, I dont want to spend a lot of money on this one and if the Vulcan 1600cc motor really holds up, this bike may be worth buying. Could you "high milage guys" just give me a little information on how these motors hold up over time and maybe some of the known issues to look out for? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello, Im looking at a 07 Nomad with almost 70,000 miles. Normally, I'd just hold out for a much lower milage bike. Lord knows, they are out there. However, I dont want to spend a lot of money on this one and if the Vulcan 1600cc motor really holds up, this bike may be worth buying. Could you "high milage guys" just give me a little information on how these motors hold up over time and maybe some of the known issues to look out for? Thanks in advance.
Depends, was it looked after? Does the seller have all service records? I would be very apprehensive about it if your just going by the sellers words. Could be hard driven miles or well looked after miles. I would just go with the no service records no sale approach just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends, was it looked after? Does the seller have all service records? I would be very apprehensive about it if your just going by the sellers words. Could be hard driven miles or well looked after miles. I would just go with the no service records no sale approach just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks SM-G935W8, I hear ya. I currently have almost 30 bikes. (I may need a 12 step program) So, I have a fair amount of experience buying bikes and understand the value of getting the history of a bike on paper. What I'm really asking is, do these 1600cc motors tend to hold up like a properly used BMW or even an older Kawasaki 1000? Both of those motors commonly go well over 200,000 miles. Other motors tend to have issues at 30,000 miles. Where do these motors land on this scale? I've found 1 guy with a 1600cc bike that went 250,000 mi. If you rebuild them enough, you can make a lawnmower go that long. However, as I'm sure you already know, some bikes tend to rack up a ton of trouble free miles and some dont. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks SM-G935W8, I hear ya. I currently have almost 30 bikes. (I may need a 12 step program) So, I have a fair amount of experience buying bikes and understand the value of getting the history of a bike on paper. What I'm really asking is, do these 1600cc motors tend to hold up like a properly used BMW or even an older Kawasaki 1000? Both of those motors commonly go well over 200,000 miles. Other motors tend to have issues at 30,000 miles. Where do these motors land on this scale? I've found 1 guy with a 1600cc bike that went 250,000 mi. If you rebuild them enough, you can make a lawnmower go that long. However, as I'm sure you already know, some bikes tend to rack up a ton of trouble free miles and some dont. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Hey forgive me on my response I am new to this forum and just checking my computer for a typo........did you say 3 or 30 :surprise:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2008 Nomad with 60,000 highway miles on it and it performs perfectly. As was stated above, these things can easily go 200,000 miles with routine maintenance.

I just posted it for sale for $ 4400 in the classified section. If you are near Tennessee, you want to take a look. It would be a great bike at a very good price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts