Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's an '11 Nomad for sale near me with a cracked saddlebag. I'm thinking, instead of spending the $900 for that cracked piece I'd take the bags off (I don't like them anyway). Is there any reason why they couldn't be removed and replaced with a set of leather bags? Thanks.

·
BOTM Winner, August/2012
201 Posts
The support system is pretty intricate but I am sure if you set your mind to it you could do it. How bad is the crack you could just buy some fiberglass stuff and reinforce it from the inside.

Sent from my Incredibly large, but without the calling ability, iPhone

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the reason I'm looking at this particular Nomad is because it has a damaged bag. I don't like the new Nomad bags. I like everything else about the Nomad--the dual exhaust, cruise control, etc.--but the bags I strongly dislike. So when I saw the posting of this Nomad I wondered if the bags could be replaced with a pair of traditional bags or would those air shocks preclude any other kind of set up.

·
Registered
381 Posts
There's an '11 Nomad for sale near me with a cracked saddlebag. I'm thinking, instead of spending the $900 for that cracked piece I'd take the bags off (I don't like them anyway). Is there any reason why they couldn't be removed and replaced with a set of leather bags? Thanks.

·
BOTM Winner, August/2012
201 Posts
What specifically about the bags do you NOT like? I mean yes they aren't the coolest looking bags out there....but my full face fit in them! I just cant see how going down to leather is a good alternative UNLESS you have to spend 900 to fully replace instead of repair.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What specifically about the bags do you NOT like? I mean yes they aren't the coolest looking bags out there....but my full face fit in them! I just cant see how going down to leather is a good alternative UNLESS you have to spend 900 to fully replace instead of repair.
It's a matter of what one likes or doesn't. 100% personal. I just don't find the Nomad bags aesthetically very pleasing. As far as cost, the panel that's crack on that particular bag will cost $900 to replace.

·
BOTM Winner, August/2012
201 Posts
I was apparently mistaken, my 3/4 sits in it ok but just barely won't latch and I guess I ASSumed my FF would fit. I did however fit my wife and my 1/2's in there.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was apparently mistaken, my 3/4 sits in it ok but just barely won't latch and I guess I ASSumed my FF would fit. I did however fit my wife and my 1/2's in there.
Your wife fits in your saddlebag? :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts