Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've ridden for 30 years and have had many motorcycles, but I'm not a big "cruiser guy"
Most of the time I ride a 2015 BMW R1200R. I recently bought a stock 2010 Nomad because of the really good passenger accommodations. The GF loves it, and I like it more than other cruisers I've owned/ridden.

Question on the stock power on the 1700s...I've seen stock power claims any where from 75hp & 99 ft/lbs to as low at 67hp & 82ft/lbs. I know different dynos, different days, etc...but that range is bigger than I've seen on other motorcycles. Do all the 1700 years & models put out the same power? Do different years have different emissions standards that reduced power?

My 2010 runs really well...no complaints about heat, no popping on decel, no rideability issues at low speeds, and it seems just fine in 6th gear at hwy speeds. I've read that the Ivan's flash fixes all these problems, but I don't seem to have them. I checked to see if maybe the ECM was flashed by a previous owner, but I don't see any markings.

I may still get my ECM flashed by Ivan, but curious if it helps some years & models more than others.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,433 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Thanks for joining us. The Ivan flash is a well accepted modification by many members. It is said these bikes come from the factory running lean to meet the emissions requirements. This makes them run hot and the heat is not liked by many owners. Adding some modifications like exhaust and intake changes makes the flash a welcome fix. But if you are not experiencing any issues and are happy with the way your bike performs, then why do anything? Members also state that IVan is a nice fella and if you call him he will be glad to discuss the benefits. Here is a link to his website if you decide to chat with him. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ivan flash on my 2011 Voyager starts the rad fans earlier, and makes the throttle less jerky. K+N replacement air filter only Mod.
bike used to surge on cruise at 100-120 kph. Not there now.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ivanizing my 2016 Voyager is the best single mod I will ever do. Runs better, smoother, cooler and no popping on decel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little more power and a little more range might be worth it.

Do all the 1700 years & models put out the same power?

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki Voyager 1700 Abs
67 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts