Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kawasaki used to have a full kit premium audio add-on for the Nomad 1600's. Does anyone know if they made something similar for the 1700's? I'm trying to get audio and CB in one easy control.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Kawasaki used to have a full kit premium audio add-on for the Nomad 1600's. Does anyone know if they made something similar for the 1700's? I'm trying to get audio and CB in one easy control.
I recommend the J&M JMCB2003 audio setup. It combines a CB radio and separate audio controller in one small box. The audio section has its own separate volume control, and the audio is muted whenever the CB transmit switch is pressed or a transmission comes in over the CB. The auxiliary audio lead merely plugs into your music source.

The kit includes the radio, handlebar mount, CB antenna and antenna mount. I've been using this setup for years and am still impressed with it. The audio quality is very good for this type of unit. It also requires that you install the J&M helmet headset in your helmet. It's not cheap, but it is worth the money. Also, J&M is good to work with and warrants it's products well.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I've tried a few handlebar mounted speaker setups. I never liked the way they looked and I never liked the way they sounded. In my humble opinion (and it's just that, an opinion); the two best options are a fairing mounted stereo system (which takes advantage of the fairing to form the sound and uses larger speakers); or a headset system in the helmet. Whether wireless/bluetooth or the aforementioned J&M system (and I've heard good things about that).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts