Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,I've got a 2001 vulcan nomad 1500fi and after sitting for a few days in the garage, when I go start it, it runs rought and stalls. Can it be an injector that leaks because it seems flooded. When I give her gas, black smoke come out of exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
5,821 Posts
Black smoke is unburned fuel. Could be worn engine components, spark plugs, or other items. Does the smoke stop after the bike starts and runs for a bit? Here is a link to download the factory service manual. Go to the troubleshooting section for help in what to check.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black smoke is unburned fuel. Could be worn engine components, spark plugs, or other items. Does the smoke stop after the bike starts and runs for a bit? Here is a link to download the factory service manual. Go to the troubleshooting section for help in what to check.

Thanks I'll will have a look.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts