Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '11 Vaquero and it has developed a harmonic noise in the rear. It only happens at 25-27 MPH and seems to be getting worse. Don't laugh (or do) but it goes woo woo woo woo and is really anouying. It definately got worse after I had the rear tire changed. I called the local dealer and they can't get it in for 6 weeks and they want me to leave the bike with them the entire time. The guy thought it might be the belt but I can't see any wear. Any help would be appreciated.
ozzy

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
What's with these dealers that make you leave the bike ?
My independent let's me make an appointment and fixes things then.
I don't go to the dealer(stealer).

JJ

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys. Where can I find the exact proceedure to do this? I shy away from doing anything with the wheels myself since I only have two. :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
i just lossin the belt where i can twist the belt a quarter turn with your hand. or where your comfortable with.

·
Registered
127 Posts
On the noise issue, mine is a 2010 Voyager, it's had a bad whine from the start, more say it's normal, my belt is tight, could this be the issue with this loud whine??

·
Registered
440 Posts
On the noise issue, mine is a 2010 Voyager, it's had a bad whine from the start, more say it's normal, my belt is tight, could this be the issue with this loud whine??
of course it is.. just losen it or have the dealer do it.. safer with dealer..

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a friend who races semi pro superbikes here in Texas, he said that belt would be on too tight if it's making a whining sound...I'll take it to him, he can ride it then loosen the belt.....Thanks to everyone who responded, the dealership STILL continues to state, when they change the rear tire, they use the factory specs when they put the belt on, but there is no play in the belt and I've never heard a belt drive VV emit a whining sound like mine...We'll find out in a few days after my buddy checks it out..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts