Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm hoping someone might have had the same problem and can help. I pulled my fuses the other day the check them and when I turned on the ignition I noticed that I lost all my trip meters and no matter what I do I can't set the clock. It will blink but not set. I have unhooked the battery for a few hours to try and reset the display but it did not fix it. Any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
676 Posts
When you unhook the battery, you don't need to leave it for any time. Unhook the battery, then turn the ignition on, you'll see the display flash just a little from residual current. Tap a brake lever or pedal to be sure you've got it all, then turn your ignition off and hook the battery back up.

I don't know if this will help with your problem, but it's cleared faults for me in the past.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: I was chasing wires to see if there was a loose connection anywhere and I took the headlight off and started checking all the connections. I had the bike idling and when I touched the wad of wires it cut off. I found that the main connector wasn't snapped together all the way from the previous owner and it just wasn't making a good enough connection. After I snapped it together, everything works! I got my clock to set and I got my trip meters back! This was a first for me but I am glad it happened now because we are getting ready for a Blue Ridge Parkway ride in a few weeks. Maybe this will help someone else down the road.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like to see update posts like this. As you said "maybe this will help someone else down the road". Ride safe and HELLO from Statesville NC!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts