Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Walmart to get oil an a Supertech filter to change the oil in my 900 an they didnt have any on the self. I ask the guy working back there an he said they didnt carry them anymore. What would you suggest to use now? I don't really want to have to go to the next town to the Kawasaki dealer for one.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Awhile back someone posted a link to the various filter brands available for various bikes. I can't remember where it's at, but try a search of the forum (or Google). I'm not familiar with the 900 or I would give my list.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I went to Walmart to get oil an a Supertech filter to change the oil in my 900 an they didnt have any on the self. I ask the guy working back there an he said they didnt carry them anymore. What would you suggest to use now? I don't really want to have to go to the next town to the Kawasaki dealer for one.
We know. We've been in mourning for months. Personally, I've been too depressed over the whole situation to even ride much, so I haven't had to change my oil lately, but I am absolutely dreading doing so without my revered, respected, and beloved SuperTech filter, the last of which is currently installed on my ride.

Do yourself a favor and do a forum search for "SuperTech" or "oil filters" or something else equally creative and, in return, you will be rewarded with plenty of filter recommendations.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I noticed the Supertech when I was looking up compatible filters on here. Went to Wal-Hell to get supplies for the pre-storage oil change and they didn't have them. However, where the Purolator filters are there was a laminated card with the Purolator part number equivalent to the Supertech filters. I found the Supertech filter on the list and bought the corresponding Purolator one. It was $3 and some change. Worked fine. I think that part number for the Purolator filter is listed in the "100% fits the VN900" sticky....

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
ok im gonna have to fill in for someone here.... OMG make sure you buy a WIX filter and only a wix if not your bike will explode within 5 miles... anyone who used anything other than a wix is stupid!..... ok y'all know i dont mean it....but some will get it !

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
ok im gonna have to fill in for someone here.... OMG make sure you buy a WIX filter and only a wix if not your bike will explode within 5 miles... anyone who used anything other than a wix is stupid!..... ok y'all know i dont mean it....but some will get it !
Wasn't that from a fellow countryman?

·
1,172 Posts
well someone had to fill in.... no oil filter thread in here would be complete without it !!!

·
1,172 Posts
ok paco yer makin me do it... "well you should be smart enough to know that if its not wix dont use it... all those crappy chinese filters are the same fram being the worst chinese filter of them all"

·
1,172 Posts
ok i had better stop now before i get in trouble... lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry I didn't mean to beat the poor horse to death. I did not remember reading on here anywhere were they had stoped saleing them. I was just wanting to let people know that like to use them. That way if there store still had them they could buy a few of them. Thanks for all the replys an the chart on what will work.

·
1,172 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean to beat the poor horse to death. I did not remember reading on here anywhere were they had stoped saleing them. I was just wanting to let people know that like to use them. That way if there store still had them they could buy a few of them. Thanks for all the replys an the chart on what will work.
lol its ok man... just some of us havin a lil fun... im sure no feelings were hurt!!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts

In all fairness, the search feature on vBulletin sucks, so even if you did search you likely aren't going to find anything useful unless you know EXACTLY what you are looking for.

But yes, what you missed was, a long, heated, and frankly hilarious thread about supertech filters. Yes, we DO have that much time on our hands around here...

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Just having some fun here. I don't believe anyone here has the intentions of hurting any feelings we are just a bunch of SA's

·
Registered
941 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts