Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
hid bulb just quit, they are generally not recommended for V2Ks, vibes etc.
I got 4yrs, no complaints.
Whats out there these days that would be better than stock, not worried about matching lumes with hid, just better than stock would be nice. I have decent aux lights, so combo should be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
why wouldn't you just get a new bulb?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never quite got the amount of light I thought Id get, be it the housing or whatever. Drove another v2k last year with same set up just to compare, owner said he expected more also. But--- also drove a vulcan1500 recently which the owner converted, incl new headlamp for hid compatibility,hell great light, cost some $$$$ though.
Might try the wagner 1210, checked a few threads, guys seem happy.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Someone tried to fit one of the Trucklite LED headlights. Don't recall who nor the result but might be something to look into.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the 1500 owner fitted phase 7 trucklite lamp from custom dynamics which was led, but he had it converted to HID because of flat spots sometimes and slow change from hi to lo beam which he didnt like. Told him to join forum , good quality people here and post some stuff. Interesting what he has done.
Putting my looo tech Wagner in today, take it for a drive tonight and see what I see.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know this lighting topic has been well traveled, so short it is.
Fitted the wagner 1210 headlight bulb and took her out late for a try. Im impressed.
Think It'll do fine.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
is that just a stock replacement bulb? I am looking for a better headlight. Mine is so weak.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Depends on what you mean by stock replacement.

It fits like the stock bulb, but it certainly isn't stock wattage. Stock wattage is something like 55/60, if the one listed is the bulb I think it is it's 80/100.

Some people report no problems using it, some have reported melted headlight connector.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah its wattage is 100/80, much more than stock but fits same three pin connect as stock. 5 min changeover.
Original brand wagner is the one to get Im told.
If you try it Hayes let me know how you find it.
I also looked at PIAA but the beast is a little vibey????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts