Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple days it seems like my 9 has no fast idle. Now, I've haven't actually gone out and tried to start it when it's cold, and it has been sitting in the warm sun in my driveway, and since I'm not sure how the DFI system determines when fast idle is necessary, I don't know whether it just knows that it's 90 degrees outside and doesn't really need to idle up at startup. It also used to suffer from the famous hot fast idle problem, where it would idle fast at startup after a short break. It hasn't been doing that either. Is this something I should be concerned about? Is there some adjustment that's outta wack? Seems to be running fine, and the FI light hasn't come on, and it starts just fine every time. I just don't want this to bike me in the @$$ when the weather cools off.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I honestly couldn't remember it happening last summer, and I've always felt the key to staying on top of issues with a car or bike or anything is noticing when something's not the same...even if it's not something bad. And better to ask the question and feel like a dumbass than stay silent till something breaks, and prove you ARE a dumbass.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've always felt the key to staying on top of issues with a car or bike or anything is noticing when something's not the same...even if it's not something bad. And better to ask the question and feel like a dumbass than stay silent till something breaks, and prove you ARE a dumbass.
YUP I always do that too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts