Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On checking my bike, just after having bought it recently, found that there was no coolant at all in the overflow tank. This after having ridden it home about 75 km's from the PO's home.
Is it possible this scenario can cause lasting damage to the engine ? had no overheating lights etc showing. Does this mean the radiator itself would now be low on coolant ? I topped up the reservoir tank immediately. Wish people would take more care with such routine maintenance-you hardly have to be a wrencher of note to accomplish this perfunctory task.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Make sure you keep an eye on the level to note if it:

1. Rise and fall with engine temperature. (normal)
2. Stay the same, regardless of engine temperature. (problem)
3. Fall and stay there. (problem)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sfair, you're a wealth of knowledge, thanks for your contributions, I've learned a lot from you !

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Sfair, you're a wealth of knowledge, thanks for your contributions, I've learned a lot from you !
You are welcome. I am always glad to help, BUT total success cannot be claimed unless a thought process is installed in the reader. Ask questions, whether it be to assist, or of yourself with your own problem. Understand the basics. Wishful thinking and guesswork rarely results in a completed repair. It is rare for me to respond to a post without an armload of questions to drill down on the issue. Also, history is important. Many times a nugget will come to light when a historical question is asked.

Without questions, there can be no answers!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fill it, go for a ride and see if the level changes. My 1600 Nomad had the same problem and it turned out to be the radiator cap. You'd be surprised how many people have had this problem with the radiator cap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts