Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 15th of August, I will go to the local Kawasaki dealership and pull my consigned 2006 V2K off the showroom floor and ride it back home.

It's been there for almost three weeks now, and although it's had some interest, no one has bit on it yet, probably because it is 100% stock with no accessories, just the bike as it was originally sold new, and it's surrounded by arguably lesser cruisers fitted out with windshields, bags, etc, etc.

I visited it a few days ago, sat on it and made motor noises for a while, and fought off the impulse to pull it right then and there and take it back home, but managed to get off and walk away and condemn it to the full term of it's sentence.

I really like that bike, and hope that no one buys it, but on the other hand, if it goes, it will clear the way for something else, but it wont' be another cruiser, because after having this 2000 nothing else will (IMO) compare to it regardless of price, so why bother?

We're in the middle of the Sturgis Rally here right now, that's why I'll pull the V2K around the 15th and bring it home, because after the rally is over, the selling season for motorcycles in the area will tank for the season, so it's now or never.

A big part of me is hoping for 'never'.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Got my fingers crossed for you. Take it however you want. :)

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
Hey J, which dealership? I'm in Rapid City for Sturgis week and can count on one hand the V2Ks I have seen. Left mine home this year, riding a buddy's V-Rod: almost as good as the V2K...almost.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey J, which dealership? I'm in Rapid City for Sturgis week and can count on one hand the V2Ks I have seen. Left mine home this year, riding a buddy's V-Rod: almost as good as the V2K...almost.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
It's at Powersports Yamaha/Kawasaki, on the south service road of I-90 on the north-east end of town.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Three and a half days to go now, bringing the 2000 back home on Saturday. I'll treat it to a tankful of non-ethanol 91 octane and ride it around the Black Hills all Saturday afternoon...that is if no SOB buys it between now and then. >:El

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ya could use our date from down my neck of the woods, we're a day ahead, lol.

We got our V2K under odd circumstances. It was traded on a the Friday night, we seen it by chance on the Sat when replacing my wife's gloves. Had read all about these wonderful beasts but never actually one (rare as down here) On seeing it I wanted it there and then, wifey said no way!

Bugger!

I recommended the bike to a close buddy, he was all geared up to get it, showed his wife & son, test rode it, loved it, wanted it and sorted to trade his little shadow on it.

In the meantime my darling wife secretly traded my ole 1500 intruder for the V2K. She picked me up from work under the pretense of buying a bike jacket.

We got to the bike shop and wifey sez "happy wedding anniversary, here's our new bike"

Me: "wtf?!?!?!, awesome" and then blurted out "oh feck, our Kev's gonna be pissed"

Bike shop dude and my wife thought it was funny as. Me, not so much.

I had to go back to work there and then and sort it with Kev, luckily he seen the funny side and the fact it was also our anniversary pressie to us.

He's a good bugger, every opportunity that arises he always reminds how i stole the bike from under him. Bloody sod!

So all going well some bugger like me doesn't nick ya bike eh, hehe.

Take care, hope it all goes well eh,
Ando

Sent from the bottom of the Earth via a Tapatalk clone........……Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ya could use our date from down my neck of the woods, we're a day ahead, lol.

We got our V2K under odd circumstances. It was traded on a the Friday night, we seen it by chance on the Sat when replacing my wife's gloves. Had read all about these wonderful beasts but never actually one (rare as down here) On seeing it I wanted it there and then, wifey said no way!

Bugger!

I recommended the bike to a close buddy, he was all geared up to get it, showed his wife & son, test rode it, loved it, wanted it and sorted to trade his little shadow on it.

In the meantime my darling wife secretly traded my ole 1500 intruder for the V2K. She picked me up from work under the pretense of buying a bike jacket.

We got to the bike shop and wifey sez "happy wedding anniversary, here's our new bike"

Me: "wtf?!?!?!, awesome" and then blurted out "oh feck, our Kev's gonna be pissed"

Bike shop dude and my wife thought it was funny as. Me, not so much.

I had to go back to work there and then and sort it with Kev, luckily he seen the funny side and the fact it was also our anniversary pressie to us.

He's a good bugger, every opportunity that arises he always reminds how i stole the bike from under him. Bloody sod!

So all going well some bugger like me doesn't nick ya bike eh, hehe.

Take care, hope it all goes well eh,
Ando

Good story mate, that's one good wife you have there, you want to hang on to her, and the bike. I am starting to feel very lucky to own one of these 2000s, they are a great bike.
I have been to NZ and loved it over there, great place, similar to Tassie mate.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to cut it a day short and go get my Vulcan late tomorrow afternoon so I can ride it up into the Black Hills on Saturday morning, so that means.....

.....one day left.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good story mate, that's one good wife you have there, you want to hang on to her, and the bike. I am starting to feel very lucky to own one of these 2000s, they are a great bike.
I have been to NZ and loved it over there, great place, similar to Tassie mate.
Dang right there bud, she's awesome. Good to hear ya been over to our place. Tassie, crikey what a cracker place. We have it on our list of must do's once the brats can fend for themselves (not long now, lol)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm going to cut it a day short and go get my Vulcan late tomorrow afternoon so I can ride it up into the Black Hills on Saturday morning, so that means.....

.....one day left.
Awe crikey, ya killing us here, lol

fingers crossed eh.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Don't fret, I'll take some photos of the glorious homecoming and reunion of the beast with it's old stablemates.
Can you imagine how that bike must feeling, dumped in a bike shop to be sold off. I hope your going to do something pretty special for that bike, flowers or something, take her out, ask her where she wants to go, you have some hard work ahead of you pal to sort this one out. Slap yourself across the face and don't ever do it again. I just hope you two can sort it out or its gunna get ugly.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Um...We went to the Kaw dealership about an hour and a half ago to pick up the Vulcan, and there seems to be a little....'problem'.

Someone from Wyoming saw the bike in the dealerships used bike website listing, called on it today, and is driving up tomorrow to look at it.

I might lose this one yet.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Um...We went to the Kaw dealership about an hour and a half ago to pick up the Vulcan, and there seems to be a little....'problem'.

Someone from Wyoming saw the bike in the dealerships used bike website listing, called on it today, and is driving up tomorrow to look at it.

I might lose this one yet.
jb, nobody drives from Wyoming to SD to "Look" at a bike. Theyr coming ther to buy it.
I just drove to Ga to buy a goose not to look at it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It's back! I retrieved my Vulcan today from the dealership and rode it home. It had a buyer interested last Saturday, and he drove from Gillette Wyoming to look at it, test rode it, and in the end, because of bad credit, couldn't get it financed.

So it's taken it's rightful place in the JB sickle-drome lineup once again. Now I just have to take off that pillion seat and re-chuck that damn heel-shifter and things will be back to normal.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well done, good to see and daaaaaang ya got some toys in that there shed man! Nice.
Ando

1 - 19 of 19 Posts