Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday morning at 8:30 my wife and I jumped on the 2011 Voyager ABS, headed for our Grandbaby's first birthday party in Florida. We left there a month ago and have been visiting in Illinois since then. Monday we rode 605 miles, Tuesday we arrived in Gainesville at 1:00 pm after traveling another 430 miles. The party was on Wednesday (fun), then Thursday at 6:00 am we parted Gainesville (in the rain), rode 625 miles to Clarksville, TN for the night. This am we left Clarksville at 6:00, arrived in Bloomington IL at 12:30pm. Coming home we had rain and a lot of it in every state. The bike rode like a dream without a single issue. Still running strong even though I passed the 49000 mark on the young girl. Proud to say I ride a Voyager! ;-)

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Dr. G ride to central Texas. We REALLY need the rain!!!!! I will pay for your gas and eats.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Dr. G ride to central Texas. We REALLY need the rain!!!!! I will pay for your gas and eats.
Hey Dean, the day after fathers day I and the wife are leaving IL and riding down to the N/W corner of Arkansas. I'll bring the rain as far as that but you'll have to come up and get it from there. And I'll pay for your gas and food, cause I'm sick of this rain we're having.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Will the Good Doctor be the first on here to get a Voyager into the six figure range??? Ride it!!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will the Good Doctor be the first on here to get a Voyager into the six figure range??? Ride it!!!!
If I remember correctly, there is a fellow member up in Canada that has over 150K on a 2009. Now that's really something when you stop and think he can only ride about 1/2 the year. I'm lucky enough to be able to ride all year around. Usually do from 22K to 25K a year. I guess what really impresses me is how quiet the motor is at 49K as apposed to what it sounded like new. It's every bit as strong as new, doesn't use any oil and get respectable gas mileage for a bike of its size. Only time the gas mileage is really poor is going into a strong headwind at 70mph+. BUT, I have found the same thing on all my other big bikes in the past. Are there things I would like to see Kawasaki do to improve the Voyager, YES, but dollar for dollar this is a winner!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts