Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick note incase you hadn't heard. North Hampton NH has passed a MC noise ordinance. Will be looking for EPA stamp on pipes. Don't know when this goes into effect, or if it will. Just passed their town meeting last week. As I have fostered riding thru there, on the NH coast road, RT 1A, thought I should mention it.

BTW, everyone here, is welcome to attend the MattBrown3Ride on May 23rd starting in Norwood. See the web site for full details. www.mattbrown3ride.com

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seacoast Online has published an article quoting the Police Chief, and the difficulty of enforcement.

The link below doesn't take you directly to that article, you'll have to hunt a little for that. But, rather to one of the reasons this is a great place to ride....

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20100518-NEWS-100519821

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I love the ride from the Ma border up to the beach and up rt 1 to Portsmouth.
I actually live in Hampton, and there's quite a bit of controversy going on about this. The town of North Hampton, want to lower it lower then the actual state law. It may be that way now, but I've been told by a local cop, that Harley Davidson, the corporation, is going after the town. They own a dealership right on the town line, and its going to kill the business if they drop it that low. I'm not sure what the level they wanted was, but it was said by a tech at Seacoast Harley, that most stock Harleys wouldn't pass the test.

On another note. I was in Portsmouth yesterday, and they've been doing a DB check on all bikes going through downtown. SO be forwarned. I got nabbed and tested yesterday. It passed, but just watch out.

cheers,
kyle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts