·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i should mention, i only care about performance. i cant see what the bike looks like when im riding it anyway

and any real numbers would be nice, i cant find much in the way of actual dyno reports, i do have the freedom performance 2 into one exhaust pipes

i've read enough good reviews about both and ass dyno results for the intakes but which is ultimatly better?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i should mention, i only care about performance. i cant see what the bike looks like when im riding it anyway

and any real numbers would be nice, i cant find much in the way of actual dyno reports, i do have the freedom performance 2 into one exhaust pipes

i've read enough good reviews about both and ass dyno results for the intakes but which is ultimatly better?
Check with RacnRay, he has a cycle shop here in South FL. He posts real world dyno results regularly. With different configuration. His Vaquero is putting out about 89 HP and 103 ft. Lbs of torque. He has about 36 years experience working on bikes.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have the thunder tornado on my vaquero. I like the performance and the looks of it. It was real easy to install. I would recommend that you get the throttle body gasket at the same time and install it as well. It will be louder than the stock intake. Kawasaki did a good job at making the intake noise quit. That being said a lot of riders complain about the intake noise after they installed other kits. I personally don't have a problem with the sound of the intake from it. What else would you like to know.
Ray has been trying to get me to his shop to dyno the bike with my set up forever. One day Ray I'll get there...lol

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Check with RacnRay, he has a cycle shop here in South FL. He posts real world dyno results regularly. With different configuration. His Vaquero is putting out about 89 HP and 103 ft. Lbs of torque. He has about 36 years experience working on bikes.
THANK YOU KIND SIR...

I have the thunder tornado on my vaquero. I like the performance and the looks of it. It was real easy to install. I would recommend that you get the throttle body gasket at the same time and install it as well. It will be louder than the stock intake. Kawasaki did a good job at making the intake noise quit. That being said a lot of riders complain about the intake noise after they installed other kits. I personally don't have a problem with the sound of the intake from it. What else would you like to know.
Ray has been trying to get me to his shop to dyno the bike with my set up forever. One day Ray I'll get there...lol
YEP...STILL WAITING...

The 1700's I have had on my dyno with exhaust, BAK and tuning make in the 79-82 H.P. with tork in the 98-102 pnds area.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
...The 1700's I have had on my dyno with exhaust, BAK and tuning make in the 79-82 H.P. with tork in the 98-102 pnds area.RACNRAY

do you have any experiance with the tornado? would you use it over the round filter? or is it nominal differance, if is nominal im not sure which id get, probabaly the tornado.

what about tuning Racnray? do you suggest just a ecu flash, or getting a programmer?

i live about as far away as you can get from florida in the lower 48...

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Mines getting the RacnRay treatment this week. Can't wait

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mines getting the RacnRay treatment this week. Can't wait
Looks like, me you, captj3 and Ray are not too far from one another. We should all meet at Ray's shop in Hallandale and have a Dyno day. I am in Coral Springs, FL

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Looks like, me you, captj3 and Ray are not too far from one another. We should all meet at Ray's shop in Hallandale and have a Dyno day. I am in Coral Springs, FL
I have plans on this Thursday barring weather, Friday at worst case. But we should all meet one Sunday to ride

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
do you have any experiance with the tornado? would you use it over the round filter? or is it nominal differance, if is nominal im not sure which id get, probabaly the tornado.

what about tuning Racnray? do you suggest just a ecu flash, or getting a programmer?

i live about as far away as you can get from florida in the lower 48...
I have not had the chance to make dyno comparisons between different BAK's, that would involve one bike in a dyno session with different BAK lined up to install and compare. Not worth it. ANY BAK is better than stock as the oem a/b is highly restrictive. Go with what you like. The DynoJet PCV CANNOT be beat for tuning effectiveness and no one at this time is flashing the 1700. One thing about re-flashed ECU'S, you end up with a generic one size fits all tune, not good.

HMMM...

I have plans on this Thursday barring weather, Friday at worst case. But we should all meet one Sunday to ride
Looks like Friday will be the best, I have a Harley comin in today for mapping and I don't know what time he'll be here, don't know if i'll be finished today. Plus Thursday we are still gonna be wet down here, Friday will be hot and dry. I'll give you a call.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hmm a reason to ride and maybe get a dyno. :eek: Sounds good but I can't this friday. :( I'll have to make it another time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just installed the tornado kit along with ejk tuner. I already have cobra speedster slashdowns installed. I havent gotten a chance to try it out yet but tomorrow will be 80s and my ass on my bike lol ill let you know how i feel the performance in a day or two

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just installed the tornado kit along with ejk tuner. I already have cobra speedster slashdowns installed. I havent gotten a chance to try it out yet but tomorrow will be 80s and my ass on my bike lol ill let you know how i feel the performance in a day or two
please and thank you

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Don't forget the pictures..... :)

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
I went with the cobra cause of the chrome. It all depends what you like. I did do a fuel tuner as well. When I get the rear pulley in I'm going to have them put it on while the put on the white walls. they also have a dyno so that will get done as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well after about 10 hours worth or riding this weekend i know for a fact that it was well worth the money to upgrade. It has not turned the bike into a sportbike but the performance is definitely noticable. You get more out of each gear ( upper and lower parts) i dont know how true it is but when i delisconnected my battery then reassembled with the tuner the mpg went up to around 44 but has since gone down into the 43s. Prior i was getting around 40. As for the intake noise you can definitely hear it sucking and when hard accelerating it is a different kinda sound but it isnt bad. I think it sounds as it should, powerful with performance to back it up. It seems that with the big 3 on this bike it will rip up any mountain no problem as long as rpms and gear is right. Going uphill in 6th (od) doing 65 you twist and the speed climbs. I am happy with the performance i have gained and if i can somehow make the seating / positioning more comfortable id think about keeping this bike a long time. I bought it with 5987 miles last may and now have over 12500. A nice bike for sure. Take car everyone

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well after about 10 hours worth or riding this weekend i know for a fact that it was well worth the money to upgrade. It has not turned the bike into a sportbike but the performance is definitely noticable. You get more out of each gear ( upper and lower parts) i dont know how true it is but when i delisconnected my battery then reassembled with the tuner the mpg went up to around 44 but has since gone down into the 43s. Prior i was getting around 40. As for the intake noise you can definitely hear it sucking and when hard accelerating it is a different kinda sound but it isnt bad. I think it sounds as it should, powerful with performance to back it up. It seems that with the big 3 on this bike it will rip up any mountain no problem as long as rpms and gear is right. Going uphill in 6th (od) doing 65 you twist and the speed climbs. I am happy with the performance i have gained and if i can somehow make the seating / positioning more comfortable id think about keeping this bike a long time. I bought it with 5987 miles last may and now have over 12500. A nice bike for sure. Take car everyone
Did you try the settings I came up with? For the classic you may have to turn down the green fuel to 3 or 3.5 only because your ECU is a little bit more mildly tuned than the Vaquero, Voyager or Nomad. Let me know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts