Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm looking to hook up the GPS unit I bought off a member here.

I cannot, for the life of me, find the accessory connector that is supposedly "under the gas tank". Are they so far under you have to remove the tank? If not, which side are they on and where?

Found the one under the driver's seat. I guess I'll use those if I have to.

*EDIT* - while I'm at it...where the heck is the flasher unit? I want to change out the rear turn signals with LEDs, and I'll need to swap out the flasher.

Photos would be great, if possible!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi, possibly a silly question but what bike are you asking about as you have posted in the 2000 section but your profile says 900LT ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
im honestly not sure if these bikes come equipped with flashers. when i bought mine it had a aftermarket set of switches one handled my aux head lights and the other handled my flashers. and it also had the "flashing break light" so when i tap the brakes the read light up and off 3 times before going solid.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oooops. Just bought the VN20000LT a few days ago. Forgot to change it in my profile.
LOL!.....wait!? You bought a VN20000LT??

Holy freaking motor!

Great now us V2K guys are going to start our own threads on "does the V2K look small?" OR......"is the 2000 a girls bike?"

Way to go now we've got the tiny bike syndrome.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
LOL!.....wait!? You bought a VN20000LT??

Holy freaking motor!

Great now us V2K guys are going to start our own threads on "does the V2K look small?" OR......"is the 2000 a girls bike?"

Way to go now we've got the tiny bike syndrome.

uhh yea ,where ya been???:nerd:

·
Registered
270 Posts
OK I suppose...

So what I know for sure there is an extra accessory connector tucked in either side of the side covers.

Also the flasher is under the mono shock supposedly. But I haven't confirmed this yet. But from searching these forums that is where all the v2k guys complain it is located since you have to basically disconnect the shock to get to it.

Hopefully another v2k owner will chime in who knows more.

·
Registered
270 Posts
There are 2 chrome screws holding the outer headlight ring to the bucket. Look at 4 and 8 o'clock of the ring. Once you've unscrewed them carefully take a screw driver and pry on the ring. It should come free without too much force. After that just pull off the bulb wiring harness to gain access to the inside guts of the bucket.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are 2 chrome screws holding the outer headlight ring to the bucket. Look at 4 and 8 o'clock of the ring. Once you've unscrewed them carefully take a screw driver and pry on the ring. It should come free without too much force. After that just pull off the bulb wiring harness to gain access to the inside guts of the bucket.
Excellent! Thanks! So, there's a way to sneak in a cable through the back of the headlight bucket? I figure that'll be the easiest / closest one to where I'll mount the GPS on the handlebars.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey no problem...

Yep plenty of room to run wires back through the bucket. I ran with a HID headlight on my 9 and had one for a short while in my V2k. HID headlights require ballasts which have thick multiple wires.

There's plenty of room for multiple wires passing through.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That I don't remember. But I'm thinking they are powered with the bike on only. You'll have to throw a multi meter on them to verify that.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thinking about that, I'm kinda leaning towards power is on only when the bikes running. I remember asking the local Kawi dealer about them. Think they said the extra leads are for adding extra light bars.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts