Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks its been about 30 yrs since ive been on 2 wheels. Just bought a 2009 900 classic Lt black/blue picking it up on Saturday morning from the dealer. Needless to say i am reallllly nervous and pretty excited at the same time. I still only have a learners permit I am taking the 3 day safty course next Monday-Weds. I have been reading alot of posts here and everyone seems so helpful to us new folk and I am excited to join this community. It took about 3 months of groveling with the wife to convince her i might be competent enough to ride a bike again lol.

Ed

·
Registered
987 Posts
Welcome to forums

I jumped back in to the two wheel world after a lengthy absence myself, about 25 years......married with children, you know the story. I bought a new V2K in '04 and a new 900 Custom in '08 for a project bike. The 900 is a great bike! I ran it stock for a year, only adding a back rest and luggage rack for my little bro and his wife for a quick trip to Sturgis. Since, I have dropped the rear end, added a Saddlemen Profiler single saddle, Spitfire shorty shield, Cobra Boulevard HP 2into1 drag pipe, and a Baron Big Air kit. Not that the 900 was awful short of power or anything, but I am a bit of a "wide load", so every little pony helps :) Just 'cause a guy has a half century of "experience" doesn't mean you have to run slow and quiet....':)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ed

You are in good company. I am 70, started riding scooters when I was 12. My past bike history is: 1951 Ariel square-four in 1957, 650 yamaha twin in 1973, 1978 gold wing in 1985. In 2006 I went through what you are experiencing and bought a new vcn 1600 classic. I had knots in my stomach for a week. I rode it for 4 years and put 15500 miles on it. I laid it down dec 20 '09 and spent 3 days in the hospital. on April 10 2010, I bought a loaded harley tri glide ultra. A week later I had two wheel withdrawal symptoms and bought a new '09 vcn 900 custom. I ride both as often as I can. My wife and grandkids ride with me on the trike. My 900 is my private addiction. I just put a custom light bar and vance and hines staggered side slash pipe on it. I am going to spend the day on it tomorrow. Ride safe---ride for a long time. I will die with a bike---one way or the other, but preferably of old age.

Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats and welcome.
I spent 25years without a bike as well, same issue mortage and family. I started riding again at the urging of my 29 yr old son. I have a 2009 900 Classic and loving it. As the folks on this forum will tell you the 900 is a great bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts