Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all.....i am a recent Vulcan convert. Have a 2004 1600 Classic. I want to add hardbags with tail lights, some underneath led accents, a radio, and perhaps one or two more things to the rear. How much can my battery take ? I know nothing about the wiring on this bike, but i can follow instructions. Can i just wire everything to the battery or should there be a fuse, or something else between the new installation and the battery....MANY THANKS

·
Registered
157 Posts
Anything connected to the battery should have a fuse. You will probably be fine with all that but check the current (amp) draw on the lights if you plan on using them with the motor off. That will give an approximate time the battery will last.

·
Registered
279 Posts
VN1600 have two alternators and enough wattage to handle most electrical additions. Also, Vulcans feature two accessory wiring connections in the wiring harness. Power for rear accessories is available on the White wire with the blue stripe. Power for front accessories is the Yellow wire with the blue stripe. Each circuit provides 120 watts of power on a 10 amp fuse, and each circuit provides power direct from the battery.

·
Registered
360 Posts
VN1600 have two alternators and enough wattage to handle most electrical additions. Also, Vulcans feature two accessory wiring connections in the wiring harness. Power for rear accessories is available on the White wire with the blue stripe. Power for front accessories is the Yellow wire with the blue stripe. Each circuit provides 120 watts of power on a 10 amp fuse, and each circuit provides power direct from the battery.
Only Nomads and Classics have two alternators. The meanie only gets one. :mad:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a pair of Nomad bags I will be mounting on my Classic, using my own design to mount the bags and not require the big heavy bag mount frame system. But that also means I have to design a mount system for the dual mufflers in place of the Vance & Hines Bigshots on the right side of the bike now. Lots of work to do this winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts