Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2011 Vulcan Classic last season, rode all season and loved it. At the end of the season I got clipped by a car next to me switching lanes, I guess she didn't "see me." The bike had minor to mild damage. Spent the winter slowly getting everything back together. As I was ordering parts over the winter i decided to buy some goodies. I ordered Tsukayu's 6x9 Batwing fairing with full stereo, and their "Patrol" saddlebags. Then I decided to order new bars and went with 10" Prime Apes. The advice I am looking for is what will I need to install those bars on my rig. I have searched through threads on here, and emailed the manufacturer and haven't received a solid answer. So my question is essentially will I need different risers or extended cables? Thanks in advance for you help!!

Bill

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The classic has risers on it already. They will accommodate any 1" handlebar. And with a 10" mini ape you should be able to use the stock cables.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You!! They have two different types of these apes, for non fairing bikes, and bikes with fairings that has a 7" pull back. Currently my bike does not have a fairing but like I stated earlier I have a fairing on order. I got a little ahead of myself and ordered the non fairing bars. Both measure the same at 10" H, 7" PB, 39" W. Which would be a better option for the set up I am going to be running?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts