Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Community,

I recently bought the Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 and would like to have some recommendations from experienced peoples.

What is your recommendation after buying the Vulcan s? Any changes need to be made to make it easier.

Also, if there are any riders from Rheinland-Palantine, Germany here. Leave a message. Would love to go on trips.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Congratulations on your new ride. The S model is pretty popular here and well liked. I think most common changes are the exhaust. The Booster plug modification gets a lot of conversation. Do some forum searches for reading and opinions. Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well and Ride Safely.

Also wanted to mention there is a link at the bottom of the page of this link for a factory repair manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

My recommendation is always to ride it for a couple of months before doing anything to it. That way you can figure out how it feels and what's most important.
Had the same thought. I am currently loving it as it is but this is also my forst motorcycle, maybe i picked few things in the meantime. Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Congratulations on your new ride. The S model is pretty popular here and well liked. I think most common changes are the exhaust. The Booster plug modification gets a lot of conversation. Do some forum searches for reading and opinions. Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well and Ride Safely.

Also wanted to mention there is a link at the bottom of the page of this link for a factory repair manual.

Thanks for the tip and for sharing the manual.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
842 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congratulations on the awesome bike! I agree with minimal modifications for a few months however I am a big advocate of crash bars as they do add a degree of safety to both you and the bike in the event of a tip over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congratulations on the awesome bike! I agree with minimal modifications for a few months however I am a big advocate of crash bars as they do add a degree of safety to both you and the bike in the event of a tip over.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I will check shortly which crash bars are available. any suggestion for the brand ?

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
842 Posts
I personally have puig and they look great though slightly difficult to install particularly on the left side of bike, just tight clearances to work with. I have heard good reviews on the r&g bars along with being less difficult to install and also look pretty good.

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
14 Posts
Welcome from Ontario, Canada - I agree, crash bars are a great addition, one of the first things I am adding to my 900. Safe Riding !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts