Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very close to purchasing a 2009 900 classic in the color "Candy Plasma Blue" but I also see some 2007 classic vulcans with the same looking color only a different name.

It's hard to tell by pictures but are the other blues that look like the candy plasma blue the exact same color?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

·
Registered
657 Posts
Try a google search "2007 Vulcan Plasma Blue". If you get a solid referance to the color and year, it should be the same. Manufacturers usually don't change a color and keep the same name, but they're more than likely the same.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The color on my '07 900 classic is Candy Carribean Blue. Totally awesome color, it seems to change hues and tones depending on what kind of light it is in. I've gotten LOTS of compliments on the color!!!!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
06 was Metallic Ocean Blue, Ebony, Candy Fire Red, and Galaxy Silver
07 was Candy Turquoise Blue, Candy Cardinal Red, Metallic Titanium, and Ebony
08 was Luminous Polaris Blue, Metallic Diablo Black, and Metallic Imperial Red
09 was Candy Plasma Blue, Metallic Diablo Black, and Candy Diamond Red
10 is Candy Imperial Blue, andCandy Fire Red

So they seem to change the name every year. But I have a feeling the colour is the same. Don't understand why they would get rid of black. I know the Custom has the sweet flat black. And I can understand in the interest of saving money dropping a colour, but black...

Now half of the info was from totalmotorcycle.com, the 09, and 10 I got from Kawi's site. I don't believe everything off of total cuz in the '06 page they say that it has LED brake lights, which I know my '07 doesn't and if '06 did, I can't see them dropping the LED. And if they did, you guys with '06es better watch out, you might be without brake lights if you live by me...

They also don't list the 2000 for the '10 year, while Kawi's site does.

·
Registered
941 Posts
That was on the Custom only, I was just pulling up the Classic colour, and I know the 'LT' were all two tone. I like the 09 Custom Metallic Midnight Sapphire Blue, it looks black but up close you can see the blue coming through. I wish I had that.

Hey Stuntman glad you got a bike. I am surprised that nobody has said anything yet. But three threads with almost the same subject. That is some awesome exuberance. I can't say a lot, cuz I think I responded to all three threads. Enjoy your 'blue' bike, mines 'black', and i bet someother people on here their's is 'red'...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts