Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge from this forum. I have been reading for days after discovering it while surfing. I have had some of the same problems or concerns that many of you have experienced and come to the conclusion that all is not as bad as it seems.
I purchased a New, 2007 900 Classic LT. in June of 07. 3 months later I went to Iraq for a 14 month tour. Came back and have put 24K on it since. Because of this forum I learned the correct octane to use (minimum 87 instead of 91 as I thought) and I get better mpg now and think I get more horsepower (that maybe a placebo effect be it feels that way).
How effective the lowers can be, and they are very effective.
Tires do matter, enough said.
I use Valvoline 20w -50 in Arkansas summer and use 10w 40 In winter since I do ride in 25 degree weather.
I installed the front pulley from Scoottworks at 16K. I noticed faster hwy speed at lower RPM immediately. Have the bird chirp but loosened the belt and its better, tolerable is more the word.
This is a fantastic place for information and experience from other riders of the same bike.

Didn't mean to ramble.

“When all else fails, one pound of C-4 explosive’s WILL get someone’s attention”

Hoaaah

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the forum from one veteran to another. Hope this place continues to be a great source of info for ya. I know I've learned a heap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts