Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
hard to tell. First thing you need to do is check the battery. Make sure it is fully charged and load tested. After that then you can start checking other things. But I would bet your battery is low right now. But why, we wont know until you check your battery.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Let us know what you find

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not too long ago mine did the same thing. Battery failed load testing.

This was on my 900 that I had just ridden home from work a 1/2 hour previously and when I went to move it it wouldn't start. Go figure. That battery was less than 2 years old.

Checked stator after bike was running and checked out ok.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would concur with Paco, that's funny Paco... That would be the battery light, no? I know when I recently had battery issues, left the keys in and on when in the coffee shop for a few long hours, the electronics flickered and dimmed as your did when playing with the ignition.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would concur with Paco, that's funny Paco... That would be the battery light, no? I know when I recently had battery issues, left the keys in and on when in the coffee shop for a few long hours, the electronics flickered and dimmed as your did when playing with the ignition.
yea if he's out of gas then so are all of us with the faulty gas gauge.... Lol

battery test a good start...

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Besides, a New Years Eve ride? Really? Like, lets count the drunks?
Your bike did you a favor by going tango-uniform!:D

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had the very same issue on a one year old battery - cleaned all the connections and gave it a good charge - still working great another year later. Swear that video looked and sounded as though it was my bike!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Your battery is dead but now you have to figure out why. I had the same problem when my bike was only a year and a half old(out of warranty, of course!). It had almost stranded me at a gas station and one day I took it off the Battery Tender after sitting in my garage overnight and it did what yours did. I managed to get it started and checked the charging system and it was fine so I knew it was a bad battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts