Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I use the lady every day to commute and it is coming really cold here in Switzerland and some days really windy, so finally I decided to install a wind shield.
I was really reluctant to do it as I was not sure how it will look, but finally I went for a PUIG 8164W (clear). I am really happy with it, I took me really 10 minutes and 1 hexagonal key to mount it and I got protected the chest, it is true that I got some wind coming into the shoulders and the helmet, but it help me A LOT!!
At 120 km/h, it is a little noisy, but at that speed is noisy anyway and since I am using ear plugs and/or music, it does not disturb me much.
I put here below some pictures as reference.
Ride safe,
Andy1370

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
Thanks for the review of this product. More member feedback translates in to better buying decisions for other members. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2020 KVS and am considering the Puig and the National Cycle Deflector (50% tint and with the Quick Set mounts). Both Puig and NC permit good airflow between the bottom of the windscreen and top of the headlight. The NC appears to offer more adjustability. It also looks like it can be easily and quickly removed by just two hand-screws, leaving only two small mounting pods on the handlebars. Seems like the best of both worlds - easy off when I don’t need the windscreen and easy on with good adjustability when I need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts