Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a new to me 1998 Vulcan 750 for $60 (clear title!), looks pretty good but apparently it was stored in 2004 because it was running rough from a weak spark. Some mechanical nitwit then tore into the electrical system seeking the source of the problem, failed, and abandoned it in a shed until today.

The bike seriously looks like everything electrical has been attacked by some kind of an animal, the connections are pretty badly corroded and there are wires literally going everywhere, as if this guy's technique was to unplug EVERYTHING, from the wires going to the blinkers down to the ignition coil and everything in between. I don't really even know where to start. I have a book but no frame of reference for how these things are wired up. Also, I strongly suspect that even if I get everything back in its right place, the system is so badly rusted that I could be chasing gremlins for a while.

So... what do you guys say? Part it out? Or seek out a donor bike and transplant the electrics?

·
Registered
43 Posts
wiring

have a go at fixing it,this is the only way u will know how it works,a good winter project for u,take pictures fo how it was before u take it to bits,u then have a referance for when u put it back together,my dad told me if u dont take it apart at sometime how u going to know how it works, good luck and may u have plenty of electrical tape on hand:D:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts