Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I wasn't planning on buying a new bike, but a surprise fire on my 2010 NT700V led me to the dealer. I was looking at the Vulcan S, 900 Custom and Honda Shadow Phantom since I like -1000cc power and size to use as a daily commuter. While at the dealership, I sat on the 900 Classic and felt completely at home. Yesterday I drove home a brand new 2021 model. I'm not into mods, but I do plan on buying saddlebags and a windshield for it. Here are pics of what was left of my Honda and my new ride!
IMG_20210328_154525718.jpg
image000000.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also - to answer the questions about the fire.... I had it warming up to go for a ride for a few minutes while I grabbed my helmet and jacket. Came outside to find it fully engulfed in flames. I have no idea what started the fire and the insurance company was unable to determine the cause either. My guess is that a mouse or something chewed through a fuel line and caused it to spurt fuel on the hot engine, but this is only a guess.

·
Super Moderator
3,867 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Wow. Talk about a crispy critter. Thankfully you weren’t on the bike when that occurred. Congratulations on your new ride. Good looking color combination. The 900s are great all around bikes. Thanks for the pic. Here is a link to download a factory repair manual to become familiar with your new bike. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Super Moderator
857 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Wow, that's a nasty surprise. Glad the insurance came through and you were able to get back riding again. I agree with Tourer...that is a beautiful color combination.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
658 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congratulations on the new bike, though sorry to hear the conditions that led to it. Glad you weren't hurt from it

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well if I’m not mistaken Vulcan is the mythical god of fire. Perhaps that was his way of telling you it was time ;)

All jokes aside, welcome and congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if I’m not mistaken Vulcan is the mythical god of fire. Perhaps that was his way of telling you it was time ;)

All jokes aside, welcome and congrats on the new ride.
Yup - That's what I thought and the sole reason for the purchase!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts