Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the trigger. I bought an '09 900 custom in candy orange. I've never ridden a bike, so I am having it delivered to the house until I take the MSF next month.

I don't think I got a great deal on it though. I discovered buying a motorcycle is about as annoying as buying a car. After 3-4 hours of making an offer, waiting around, making another offer, and waiting some more, I was worn down. But anyway, I got the custom and ordered the OEM cafe windshield, light bar, and engine guard. Those parts installed with bike delivered came out to be $8,100, before tax and the BS fees.

I would have liked that tach, but dang the OEM tach was $350. I guess I don't really need to go OEM for the tach.

Bike delivered next week. I'm relying on you guys to answer my future questions. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
oneor11 - a blackjack player eh? Another member of the fraternity.

Enjoy your Custom - it's a great bike. I've had mine about 3 months and it just keeps getting better. Lotsa good info here.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm so thankful that I don't have to go through that BS when I get the fever for a new bike. My dealer looks on the computer and quotes me a price that is so low I can't pass it up. I got my '09 Custom SE for $6884. I pay the taxes and get the title myself since he's in Kentucky and I'm in Ohio and it's faster for me that way. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats

I got my new 900 custom this last spring. and have loved every ride. Love the orange bike , but they sold it before i got back to them, and i was anxious so I got the black instead. Gotta admit its growing on me, dont think there Is a bad color. the bike itself is so good lookin. enjoy it and ride safe

·
Registered
77 Posts
hey Gort, Nice to meet a neighbor, Im down here east of Vancouver Wa, By Portland. Be fun to ride up your way sometime. I spent some time up at Bremerton and would love to re-visit the area on the bike. Ride safe
(another Rick with a custom LOL)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on the new Bike, I am in the same boat as you. Never rode a bike in my life till i took the RSC at Mancusos H.D. Shortly there after buying an 09 Custom SE. Keep the forums updated with how goes the first 600 mile break in period. I just turned over 150 miles, Alot of the squeeks have died down alot, I've chalked it up to "growing pains" for the bike. Really looking forward to that first maintenance to upgrade to the 230mm Back tire and some highway bars. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey Gort, Nice to meet a neighbor, Im down here east of Vancouver Wa, By Portland. Be fun to ride up your way sometime... (another Rick with a custom LOL)
I get to the PDX area often - my kids live there. I haven't made the trip on the bike yet - hoping to when the weather gets good again. I just mounted a windshield, so highway travel will be more fun.

Stay in touch - we can get in a ride together. Maybe even start a "Ricks on Customs" club :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts