Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just a stupid question. i just bought a vn900 2008 23000 miles on it . it is great , am i coming from a vn750 (1993 , about the same mileage as vn900)

is it worth trading my vn900 , for an older vn1500 ( i love the sound of 1500)

of course i would ask for a money difference . i like to see your point of view ( yes or no ) . if you can , throw a few arguments in . thanks :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
i wouldn't consider a 08 with 20+K new. i don't see where you'd be getting a cash difference going up to a 600cc bigger bike??? you need to find true market value for yours & a bike you want. if your doing it for a bigger bike & some cash, i just don't see it.
also lots of variables to consider. year, condition, mileage. hard to give any accurate answer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Burp, condition and mileage are everything when it comes to bikes. especially since so many models have long runs. year has much less meaning. bikes are crazy in pricing. there all over the place. i have a 1600 classic. almost bought a 1500. you'll love the move up if you get it. good luck

p.s. my father in laws nickname is BURP for obvious reasons. LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Burp, condition and mileage are everything when it comes to bikes. especially since so many models have long runs. year has much less meaning. bikes are crazy in pricing. there all over the place. i have a 1600 classic. almost bought a 1500. you'll love the move up if you get it. good luck

p.s. my father in laws nickname is BURP for obvious reasons. LOL
You make good points, but my questions about the change up are more in the styling, feeling , sound, etc. do you feel a big difference or you have to go all the way up to v2k to really feel it . does the weight/power ration feel a lot better on the 1500 than on a 900, fuel consumption difference.. things like that.
10x for the pointers

p.s. my friends were a little nicer with burB :) .. it should have been BEER :pig:

·
Registered
46 Posts
burb, i was riding a honda shadow 750 classic before this. i loved the bike, but all my friends have big bikes and i felt i was always struggling to keep up, didn't really like riding on the highway, and was always looking for that extra gear. the difference with my 1600 is incredible. smooth, fast, and lots of power in all ranges. i recommend the bigger bike, especially if your going to be riding with friends with bigger bikes.

gas- around 38mpg. i really don't watch it.
1500 is 55% bigger then your 900. that should be enough to make you happy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10x man for the info. i still am considering moving up to 1500.. if anybody has any more info please share :)

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
55% bigger with only 25% more hp.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you want horsepower you can get the vn750 (68hp) if you want 1 more pair of balls you will get 1500 (for torque) :)) in between is the vn900

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
58 ft-lbs torque on the 900, 85 ft-lbs on the 1500.

It's a cruiser. Horsepower isn't the interesting part.

those are @ the crank numbers.....look up some @ the wheel numbers.....where it really counts.....and the numbers get a LOT closer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can you be more specific , big worm? i am not so technically inclined and din't get the crank and wheel part :) 10x

·
Registered
42 Posts
When jumping from a 900 to a 1500 there is probably a pretty steep increase in your Insurance rate. Depending on your disposable income that may also be a consideration. You may want to get a quote from your agent. I was looking at a 1300 Tourer just for shits and giggles and it was a $400 a year more. Just a thought....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts