Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove home my brand new 08 VN2000 Classic. Hold over bike with 0 miles on dealer floor. I will do some break-in riding this weekend. Matching bags will arrive in the mail from manufacture. I do plan to add a windshield. I hope to find a straight forward inconspicuous windshield. Other than that, it will remain basically stock. The 35 mile ride home was great, this is truly a beast and not for the inexperience or timid

Thanks for reading. :flag:

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looks nice - wish I could ride my '06 Classic 2000 LT - will be lucky if I can ride a month from now - hoping for early Spring in Manitoba

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
qt, what kinda coin did you have to shell out in FW, tx. for that beast? do they have any more left? thx, ponch

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
congrats indeed.... I have the 2009.... and love the beast.
I dont recommend the national cycle shield... it cannot be tipped forward or back... and it is a bug catcher extraordinaire. I would check out the Kawi stock shield without the big emblem up front..

watch for coolant leak up at the cylinder head that make whitish-greenish trails down the cylinders.... like bird doo doo If you see that the dealer owes you a free service to tighten the hose clamps up under the gas tank.

enjoy !

annie

Drove home my brand new 08 VN2000 Classic. Hold over bike with 0 miles on dealer floor. I will do some break-in riding this weekend. Matching bags will arrive in the mail from manufacture. I do plan to add a windshield. I hope to find a straight forward inconspicuous windshield. Other than that, it will remain basically stock. The 35 mile ride home was great, this is truly a beast and not for the inexperience or timid

Thanks for reading. :flag:

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Very nice bike. Picked my 08 up last July at a dealer liquidation, had just under 2kmiles. Will have to say, after a 50 mile ride the first thing that had to be replaced was that god awful uncomfortable seat. A new Mustang corrected that and am good to go.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
As long as the thread has moved to seats.... I bought and tried Mustang vintage wide touring seat... I bought a rebuild by a small firm in the middle US area....and did not find them to work well at all. Finally bought the Russell Daylong seat which is absolutely great for big and tall folks. http://www.day-long.com/

I recommend it based on experience and the fact that now I can now ride any distance without discomfort.... 7000 miles plus... my husband cant beleive i stopped complaining

It is absolutely the most custom seat rebuild out there (they actually widen it with steel reinforcement to give you much more actual seating area to spread the load....lol...).... and it does not cost all that much more than the Mustang....which was not much different than stock in my not-so humble opinion.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks nice - wish I could ride my '06 Classic 2000 LT - will be lucky if I can ride a month from now - hoping for early Spring in Manitoba
A month? Overly optimistic I would say!!!:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
http://www.kawasakicityirving.com/new_vehicle_inventory.asp

do a search, and narrow year model. they have:
07's
08's
many 09's
even an 06 300cc dirt bike.
The vulcans have never been started in the states, no demos.
Keep in mind their prices include ALL fees & taxs Thanks.
For a zero time bike those are great prices! I bought my 2008 Classic off Craigslist from a guy in Phoenix with under 2K miles for $6K. I might have been tempted with these prices to buy new.

And if it matters...spend the money on the Ultimate Seats. I can ride a full tank and not even think about my posterior. The wife loves hers as well....

·
Registered
864 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Well duh, i thought it was to good to be true . Cq wasnt there another V2K on the same sight for the same price ? Any way im gonna just mind my own business.... Sorrrrry !!! Bulldozer, AND my beast is faster n yours, gonna ride to FT. WORTH just to prove it..... It was a BLack Beast on the site for 7600.00, And CQ there were 2 listings for Atomic Silver how was i to know you bought the only one..... Heck of a deal one way or another..

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
WOW, I guess I got robbed when I bought mine. It's the 2008LT pictured on page 1. I gave $8200, total last summer. You guys really look for bargans.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Bandit looks to me like Motorcycle sales suck in the USA , things keep going like they are they are gonna be giving them away cause they cant keep the buildings they are stored in...

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
I just returned from our monthly club meeting and that was one of the main topics, about how many shops & dealships are closing in the NC area.

·
Registered
864 Posts
We will be lucky if we only have to go 3 States over to have our bikes repaired by the time the slaughter is done !!!! Heard the other day that in Fl. there is a dealership per week closing. I guess only the strongest will survive.. Bulldozer , missing 1995 - 2007 the good times.....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts