Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I hope you're all staying as safe as possible with all this covid19 BS flying around! I know it's not "all" bullcrap but we still have to live our lives right!
That being said is part of the reason why we ride! I've been riding for most of my 62 years. I built my first bike @ 14 in the basement of our house, much to my Moms dismay when I bench fired it with open pipes! Crashed it 2 days after dragging it back up the stairs. Many bikes later, most of which being Suzuki GS "standards" of 750-1100cc I saw my first Vaquero (the white 2016 version) at a dealership in 2018. I saw it as a possible purchase for a friend and didn't really consider one for myself since the trusty old GS1100 was still at home. A year later I've sold the GS along with a mint '86 GPZ550 which was supposed to be for my daughter. During the summer of '19 I had a good long look at brand new bikes and there was the newest Vaquero calling my name..... My daughter bought herself an SV650 so you know 'ole Dad had to figure out how to get riding again, and what to ride! Back to the dealership and all the 2019's are gone so the price has jumped for 2020 models. However, there just happens to be a 2018 with 10km on it in the "used" area. Why so little mileage you ask? Best I can find out is that one of two brothers came into some money and purchased this bike plus a Voyager for himself and his sibling to go tour around North America on. The other brother wasn't into it so they returned the Vaquero. In fact they never even got around to putting a license plate on the thing so I had to go back to the dealer and get the NVIS slip from them before the registry office would give me a plate.

Long story short, this is my first cruiser, my first "new" bike & I am absolutely STOKED for riding this year with my kid, my nephew and a bunch of friends (even some new ones) around Western Canada & the US

Ride safe!
Dave-O-the-North

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
535 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Lots of great info here, pull up a chair and stay awhile. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave
Sounds like you have lots of years of experience. Share it with others here and we all benefit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts