Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Vaquero yesterday. I did a search but didnt find these issues. Anyone experience a tremendous cyclical howling that sounds like its coming from up front? Now maybe its the ever popular maladujsted belt issue but would that sound like it was up front? It is really really loud and embarrassing because I know other people can hear it. When I get down to about 5 mph it stops. And it doesnt do it consistently either.
Also I am getting the brake lever coming all the way back to the bar like there is air in the line after shutting her down while manuevering it back into the garage. Again, not consistently, just once in a while. Before I try and bleed the brake line I just wanted to know if anyone has had these issues and whatever happened with them.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Take it back to your dealer and tell him to assemble the bike coreectly. As for the brakes it sounds to me like they did a piss poor job setting it all up.
You should not have to deal with any of those issues

·
Registered
82 Posts
Howling

Does it sound like air rushing through the fairing? That is the best way I can explain the noise I have been hearing. I had attributed it to the front brakes because I have had issues with them sounding like they are dragging and a horrendous noise at times when stopping. It is inconsistent on mine also sometimes there sometimes not.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it def sounds cyclical. Like a rotating noise. Has to be front wheel/brake or belt related. I've read 3 million complaints about the belt tension being too tight but no one really describing it like it was coming from the front.

·
Registered
156 Posts
New Vaquero yesterday. I did a search but didnt find these issues. Anyone experience a tremendous cyclical howling that sounds like its coming from up front? Now maybe its the ever popular maladujsted belt issue but would that sound like it was up front? It is really really loud and embarrassing because I know other people can hear it. When I get down to about 5 mph it stops. And it doesnt do it consistently either.
Also I am getting the brake lever coming all the way back to the bar like there is air in the line after shutting her down while manuevering it back into the garage. Again, not consistently, just once in a while. Before I try and bleed the brake line I just wanted to know if anyone has had these issues and whatever happened with them.
You bought the bike in Cherry Hill, NJ. I know it is a ways to go again but you should call them and take it back to them. Tell them you are going to ride it down on a Saturday and you will wait for it or have them put you up in a Hotel. I have not any problems with mine other than hearing the noise through the faring. I also hear the brake noise. I said something to the dealer and they said it in normal after the pads wear a little. Funny when I traded in my Road Star they used the noise against me saying they would have to put brakes on it. I asked them about that, they has no answer. FUNNY!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also had the brake noise in the front and Kawasaki rep said it was normal and they wouldn't do anything about it so I put new EBC pads on and noise is gone

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
def not the pads. I hit the brakes and it doesnt affect the sound at all. Sometimes on decel, not even on the brakes, it actually gets louder. I have to bring it to a local dealer, almost feels like the front wheel bearing or something is not correct. Dammit, I just got this bike and I already need to bring it in.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For anyone who experiences these symptoms - check to make sure your dealer actually tightened the front axle before letting you get on the bike. Finally got this resolved today and luckily no big deal in the end. The axle was never tightened all the way which left a big gap for the front wheel to travel back and forth between the wheel spacers creating all kinds of issues. Had it tightened and voila, no more noise or brake issues. Just a shame it ever left the dealer that way to begin with. Coulda' been ugly.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Did they check the bearings and spacers to make sure there was no damage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts