Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My background is this:

Up until 5 years ago I have never ridden a motorcycle. Then at the tender age of 44 I decided it was time for me take up this past time. Went to a motorcycle safety school to learn. and one month later I had my first bike, a Yamaha Vstar 650 Classic. It was so far the best bike I have ridden (and ofcourse the only bike). In terms of control. Very easy to maneuver. Not so good on the long distance riding, which was the reason I got into it in the first place. And then there was the power issue. In fifth gear on the highway I felt a need to put my feet down at times to help it along. Of course sitting at 6' and 230+lbs. It had little incentive to go any faster. :doh:

Then about a year later, I got a Honda Shadow Ace Tourer VT1100t. This was much better on power. Not so much on distance since I could not go more than 110 miles before have to fill up again. :(

That brings me to this one. After a trip from Kansas City, MO to Lexington, KY and back I had had enough. About two months later I sold my Honda and about two months after that I bought my (hopefully) Retirement bike. A 2013 Kawasaki Voyager with 13,700+ miles. :D

Pics to follow but its the Blue and black color scheme.

I have not may any mods yet but there is an antenna mod that looks easy enough and outside of that, I am looking forward to getting to know many of you here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Remy, welcome from eastern NC! I too had a Tourer. Great little motorcycle, but as you said, too small a fuel range. Rode it home to NC from Lexington, KY with a bunch of fuel stops. Did quite a bit of customization to it but the lack of power and short fuel range (with no fuel indicator) finally got the best of me. Wish I could have kept it for an around town play bike, but the finances wouldn't allow it. But I love my Voyager! Very similar ride to the GoldWing I had (Wing was a bit smoother though). Hope you enjoy it; message me if you get into NC. Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts