Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time owning a cruiser, before the Vulcan i had a Yamaha r6 so it has been a pretty big change but so far i like it. So much more comfortable then the rockets. Anyways just wanted to say that this is a great forum and helped me with making the decision of buying the Custom.
Thanks Again!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I come from sportbikes as well -- Vulcan is fun to ride, but you may miss the throttle and the turning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i do miss the power already, in a perfect world i would have both but being in college that isnt goin to happen...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Where you from? I also went from a sportbike zx6rr to a vulcan 900. I wanted the green, but found a killer deal on a black one so thats what I got.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wow, another sportbike guy (like me) getting a cruiser for the first time. Yeah, it's different all right. The 900's not exactly fast, is it? Of course, I didn't buy mine for that so I'm happy. Fortunately when I want to go quick I've got other choices. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
My last bike was a GSX-R 750 so my Vulcan 900 Custom is a pretty big change.

I love bikes and thats all there is to it. The Cruiser is definately different, but I like it for different reasons than I did with my Sport Bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im in Minnesota near Detroit lakes if you know where that is. I loved my rocket for goin on quick trips and goin fast of course lol but after riding my uncles vulcan a few times i decided to make the change. Hope to one day have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I really like that color. Welcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot!! And yes the color is awesome, its kinda funny cuz when the bike first came out i said if i ever buy a cruiser thats what it will be.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I to come from sportbikes ....bandit 1250, love my classic lt, remedy ... bought a gsx650f to compliment it when the need to twist the throttle and drag the knee arises.

Having riden to the Grand Canyon and around that area a couple of years ago with a buddy of mine, my Bandit, his cruiser, at the end of a day he looked in better condition than i did when the day started. That 11.000 km ride convinced me that the cruiser was the way to go, i dont regret the decision one bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts