Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's not official just yet, as I'm not signing papers to get the bike until tomorrow...but I'm celebrating NOW!

I just sold my 2001 Savage 650 last night to get the funds for my dream bike, the Vulcan 900 Custom! I've been ogling this bike since day 1 and made up my mind that I WILL own one. Now, the time has come. Momma is getting her Vulcan!

I have a few small pics I can share for now:

With the bags on:

Custom paint/pinstriping on the bike and saddlebags.
Aftermarket grips, exhaust, pegs, mirrors, lights, Mustang seat and chrome parts galore.

I solemnly swear to get really good shots of it soon, especially with me on it!
I'll have to get use to a bigger bike though, since I'm only use to riding a little 650. I'm so nervous I'm having my boyfriend ride it home for me. :p

Anyway, I'm Robin and that's my story. I'm on cloud 9 for a while..

Oh, and can someone give me some info on lowering the bike? Still a bit tall for me. I need some pricing and all. Thanks!!
~SoT

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congrats. Its a nice looking bike. The Mustang seat is a very nice plus along with the saddle bags etc on it. For lowering do some searching there are a few companies that make the kits and several posts on this sie regarding tht topic. I don't have a lowering kit and at 6' really don't need it lower than it is so I can't give any first hand recommendations but it has been discussed here a great deal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thats a really nice looking VN 900C. I really like the aftermarket touches that are done to it. I really want to put the Cafe windsheild on mine as well. Let me know how you like it on the highway. If it helps at all. Ride safe and have fun with the new bike!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
try meancycles.com for the lowering kit, there a great company to deal with. Congrats on the new bike, thats a great looing ride ... very sharp.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! Oh - nice ride the 900 - and I should know 'cause I own one, too!!:D:D
Enjoy your dream !!

Cheers from downunder

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why, thank you everyone! I'm really excited to be getting it today, 3.5 hours and counting!! I'm so excited, I could just pee my pants!!

Honestly, I thought $5k was a bit high, but after I considered all of the aftermarket parts put on it, the paint, etc, I just couldn't pass this one up! I looked for months and couldn't find what I wanted. This one, I even talked about it over my week vacation, driving everyone mad. Heheh.

I'm going to ride it a while to see how I fare without lowering it first. If I still feel it's a bit tall, I'll lower it later. I'm not super handy at doing things myself anyway. :/

I am tempted to get different handlebars on there eventually..I hate reaching far.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome to the forums...love the hard bags, gives it a nice touch. Good thing it already has a mustang seat, you'll be able to ride longer and more enjoyable. With the seat, bags, aftermarket pipes, and the custom paint it already has, i would say you got a great deal. Congrats and ride safe!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As promised, here are some high res photos for you to ogle. :p

I didn't take photos of the other side, as I didn't feel like moving it once I parked it. Enjoy though!!

~And more photos in next posts~

·
Registered
28 Posts
Those are nice saddlebags! Any idea what brand they are? Righteous bike dude!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Those are nice saddlebags! Any idea what brand they are? Righteous bike dude!
Im guessing based on this from the OPs first post "Momma is getting her Vulcan!" that your dude statement is a little off base. :eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dudette? my apologies!

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is a really nice looking bike, I like the turn signals alot. And from seeing it on these pics, that doesnt look like the Cafe windsheild at all now. I wonder what kind it is? Really nice bike though

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the custom - ( SORRY custom owners but that's why I have the Classic) but that looks to me like a very well looked after bike !! Nice detail (pin stripping etc.) :cool:
I think you've got a good deal and a very sweet looking ride there !!! Love that blue colour -( but the black ones are faster !! :D:D )
Congrats and enjoy it !!!

Cheers from downunder

1 - 20 of 33 Posts